「 twenty - two 」

wenjun woke up in a different room than others, he looked around and noticed a girl on his side, having her head rest on the bed where wenjun currently is

he slowly pats the head of the girl, making her wake up, he probably forgot that the girl he is with is sensitive and alert

"oh", wenjun commented, "did i disturb your sleep?"

the girl shakes her head, "it's fine babe, no worries", she yawned and stretched her arms afterwards

"what brings you here by the way, miyoung?", wenjun inquired when he sits up on his bed, "and where are the others?"

miyoung pouted, "well, i'm here obviously to look after you. i can't afford anyone to touch you ever again after you died in that arena!"

wenjun slowly nodded as he touched his face, "but i'm not yet dead"

"exactly!", miyoung exclaimed, "and that's the same for everyone! i really thought if you die in that place, you will really be dead! i was so scared!"

wenjun quickly hugged miyoung which stopped her from ranting, he patted her back to calm her down, "it's okay, don't worry too much about me. i will be fine and i will be safe."

"how can i not worry?", miyoung frowned and looked up to see wenjun's face, "i was the one who brought you all into this mess"

wenjun shakes his head slightly, "don't think about that. that's not true."

miyoung didn't dare to reply as she continued to hug wenjun. due to the silence, wenjun proceeds to ask instead,

"you haven't answered my question, where are the others anyway?"

miyoung excused herself from the hug, "you will meet later with the other nulls at the general room. you will have a new mission again."

wenjun nodded when miyoung continued, "and i want you to win"

"and why? are there some consequences if i win?"

miyoung nodded, "yes, i heard that the null with the most wins will be the one to experience freedom first."

wenjun frowned upon hearing it from miyoung, miyoung continued, "i want you to have the most wins because your son wants to meet you already and i can't tell him more excuses anymore."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

silence filled the general room of the nulls, no one dared to talk between them. 7 out of 8 nulls are present and they are only waiting for one more person for them to have their next mission already.

justin raised his right hand, getting everyone's attention, zhengting raised his right eyebrow waiting for justin to speak, "what happened in the arena, gege?"

quanzhe hissed, "you don't remember?"

justin pouted, "i wasn't there in the first place"

"LIES!", chengcheng exclaimed, "I SAW YOU KILLING ALMOST EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM AND YOU TELL US YOU WERE NOT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

"chengcheng!", zeren called out, "will you please calm down?!"

xinchun nodded, "now i think of it, i really think it's not justin who played in the arena"

"and how do you believe that?", wenjun inquired

xinchun shrugged, "i've been with the supposed to be justin, remember? and he's acting not so justin- a different huang minghao."

zhengting shakes his head, "let us hear your side, justin. what happened to you?"

"well uhm...", justin's words trailed off before he continued, "after the team mission, i was actually dragged out of the room and they were giving me punches and i don't know what happened next."

"LIES!", chengcheng exclaimed once again but zeren smacked his head, making him whine in pain

quanzhe nodded, "that might be true but for your curiosity, chengcheng was right that you killed almost everyone in the arena but they're not dead anyways as you see, so it's a good thing."

"i'm sorry", justin looked down and frowned, "i'm sorry if my impostor did that but i promise, i wasn't able to participate the second mission!"

someone suddenly entered the room and it was none other than maxine, the 8th null they've been waiting for.

zhengting quickly approached upon seeing her, "are you okay? do you need anything?"

maxine let out a soft smile, "i'm fine, i don't need anything"

zhengting observed her and noticed something that is missing, "where's your necklace?"

"oh..", maxine commented as she roamed her hand around her neck, "you noticed that i had a necklace?"

zhengting nodded, "of course, so where is it?"

"xukun confiscated it and i'm actually confused as to why", maxine smiled as she went pass zhegting to meet the other nulls

"why is the atmosphere so gloomy? you should smile!", maxine laughed, trying to lighten up the atmosphere

zeren smiled first and so everyone did, a noise suddenly came out from the speakers and they already knew what it meant,

"ah! here is it again! the trauma!", chengcheng reacted as he crossed his arms and rolled his eyes

the voice from the speakers coughed before it started, "good day, nulls! you will be having your next mission after five hours. during the five hours rest, you need to prepare yourselves for the next mission might be deadly."

quanzhe scoffed, "as if the previous one is not deadly enough, what is it?"

the voice laughed before it continued, "you became really strong after the last mission huh", the voice paused and continued, "anyways, the next mission will be deadly because you have to face your FEARS."

a beep sound was heard after the said announcement and everyone in the room was dumbfounded from what they heard.