A Hidden Kiss

There never was a happier, simpler family. Mr. Darling was a banker who knew the cost of everything, even a hug. Mrs. Darling was the loveliest lady in Bloomsbury... with a sweet, mocking mouth that had one kiss on it... that Bianca could never get. Though there it was, perfectly conspicuous on the right-had corner. And sometimes there was Aunt Millicent... who felt a dog for a nurse lowered the whole tone of the neighborhood.

"All right, all right, all right, all right. Less noise. Let's settle down. This is not a farm." Father yelled, getting all the children back into their seats.
"Bravo, George. Bravo." Aunt Millicent applauded.
"Wendy's turn." John exclaimed.
"Wendy must tell a story." Micheal added as the boys started listing of their favorite pirates. Bianca was barley listening, something odd was going to happen tonight, something that would get Wendy in trouble the next morning, something that would anger their father, something that would loose Nana her job.
"Upon my soul, how children are educated nowadays." Aunt Millicent mused, breaking Bianca out of her trance.
"I'm afraid I am not learned at all, Aunt. But I do know a thing or two about pirates." Wendy said, practically jumping with excitement, "My unfulfilled ambition is to write a great novel in three parts about my adventures."
"What adventures?" Aunt Millicent said, horrified that Wendy would even think about going out into the world.
"I've yet to have them, but they will be perfectly thrilling."
"But, child, novelists are not highly thought of in good society. And there is nothing so difficult to marry as a novelist."
"Marry?" Whispered many voices.
"But, Aunt, the girls are not yet 13."
"Walk toward me, dears, that I may appraise you." Bianca and Wendy look at father,
"Go on. Walk to your auntie. Stand up straight." He urges the girls on, "Stop it!" He tells the boys as they have burst into laughter.
"Turn around."
"Shh." Wendy told the boys, they didn't listen.
"Mm, yes. Oh, it's quite as I expected. They both possesses a woman's chin. Have you not noticed? Observe their mouths. There, hidden in the right-hand corner, is that a kiss?"
"A kiss?" Wendy asked, putting her hand up to her mouth.
"Like Mother's kiss."
"A hidden kiss."
"But what is it for?" Bianca wondered aloud.
"It is for the greatest adventure of all. They that find it... have slipped in and out of heaven."
"Find what?" Wendy voices Bianca's thoughts.
"The one the kiss belongs to."
"My girls... women."
"Almost women."

"They must spend less time with their brothers... and more time with me. They must have their own room. A young lady's room."
"LEAVE THE..." the rest of Micheals cry was cut short by Johns hand.
"George, the daughter of a clerk cannot hope to marry as well as that of a manager. You must attend more parties, make small talk with your superiors at the bank. Wit is very fashionable at the moment." After their aunt said that, Bianca and Wendy decided to bring the boys upstairs. On their way up, they heard father mumble something along the lines of, "Wit."