Intro

here we are so ive gotten a few things in my head about my dragons, Starlight is the same age as Darkstalker. the lemon says otherwise but ignore it as this will be my official backstory for at least starlight until i can figure out how to get Nightstalker's in there and maybe change his name although he is completely different from Darky but ive noticed from many artists leaving the fandom that it is quite toxic and i am hoping it doesnt seep over here due to my OC having a similar name and the same abilities (despite being much older and more, experienced with them, not to mention a hundred times more powerful). rough teaser to the story to come is Starlight has a tragic past before the events of book 6, after Darkstalker was taken down her parents were murdered infront of her before she was rescued by Nightstalker who hadnt been seen in well over 2500 years where he took her under his wing and trained her how to turn the price of animus magic in on itself and giving her a diamond necklace to help shortly after a Skywing animus who had managed to survive his tribe cursed Starlight to share the same curse that Nightstalker's father had set on him of partial immortality (they both can be injured and heal at a normal rate and they can also be killed for a short ammount of time before the curse brings them back), over the hundreds of years they spent together she pried the truth from Nightstalker on why her parents were murdered, he told her it was because of his father so many years ago who was one of the original animus NightWings, he went mad due to using his magic so much that he killed all the queen's court, the queen herself, and killed half the tribe including most of the princesses before Nightstalker stopped him, saving the last princess by killing his father and forcing his uncle to promise to hide animus magic from the tribe and that if his dragonets inherited the gift that they be taught the price of magic and never to use it at any cost as their gift will be used and abused in order to gain more power like his father was, hinting at that was her family history, him even being her cousin of many generations (incest at its finest in the lemon but we dont talk about that). after hearing that she hunted the tribe down and disembowled the current queen over a pit of lava to seize the throne, she ruled for about thirty years being a feared queen as she publicly executed many dragons for treason despite being told not to by Nightstalker as he saw what her actions would bring where as her mind and judgement were clouded by rage but she didnt listen. in time she slowly calmed and found love during her reign where she had four lovely dragonets and they raised them despite Starlight still being reckless with her actions for about four years when the NightWings went against their vow to magic and found an animus who would help them take down Starlight the "Mad Queen". when they acted on their plan they restrained Starlight and managed to chain Nightstalker long enough to slaughter her mate and children infront of her, causing her to make the old throne room collapse (see book 4 where Starflight and Fatespeaker explore the old ruins, but i'll add a little part they didnt explore being an old throne room now covered in molten lava as that section is, i dont need to explain much there) out of rage, giving the animus a perfect opportunity to slip a ring on her horn, forcing her to sleep as the NightWings fled in panic, what the animus did behind their back is he added a spell that made Starlight and Nightstalker share mind and body no matter what, even if the ring was taken off they would be cursed like that for eternity. time skip now to the events of book 6 where she was awoken by a RainWing and a NightWing dragonet exploring the old NightWing kingdom on the volcano managed to get into that old throne room, thinking she was a very nice statue somehow perfectly preserved they wrestled around, knocking the ring off her horn where she coughs awake making them run in terror and Starlight laying there in confusion at Nightstalker's voice in her head and where she was before she passes out again where she next wakes in the healer's hut of the RainWing village covered in ash and soot with the healers constantly trying to clean her off. and from there i leave it a mystery to find out :)