first test

◆◆◆Past - Teenagers◆◆◆

    The next day, you sat through your history lesson barely being able to focus. Your leg jumped up and down as you nervously thought about how your upcoming lesson with Aizawa would go. Yaoyorozu and Ochaco were thrilled to have you join in. As much as you wanted to be excited too, you just couldn't find it in you. Even though Ochaco's own quirk wasn't that great compared to Todoroki or Bakugo, she was still trying her best and slowly blossoming into someone stronger. You felt like that wouldn't happen for you. 

    The bell rung, signaling the end of the lesson. Yaoyorozu excitedly grabbed your hand and took you down to the locker room to change. You slipped on the blue jumpsuit, the fabric cool against your skin. It had been a long time since you've worn it. You had been managing to get away with studying with Recovery Girl until now. Why did Aizawa need to have you practice your quirk now? You couldn't wrap your head around it so you sighed as you gave up. You closed your locker and accepted the fact that this was happening whether you liked it or not. 

You emerged outside into the large fields of UA. You still couldn't believe you went to such a school. The last time you were here, you had participated in that silly baseball test. 

"What are you doing here?"

Bakugo stepped in front of you, hands in his pockets, wearing a brand new gym uniform. Everyone else seemed to be wondering the same as they listened in on the conversation.

"Mr. Aizawa made me," you grumbled. "It's not like I wanna be here."

"That makes no sense," he shook his head. "You're way too behind from the rest of us to participate. What's the point? But I guess it'll be funny seeing you lose."

"K-Kacchan!" Deku gasped. "She's just as capable as the rest of us."

"SHUT UP DEKU."

You felt your blood begin to boil. "I'll show you what I can do, Kacchan," you smirked. His eyebrow twitched, a vein in his forehead popping out. You could tell how ticked off his was by you using his nickname.

"I can't wait to see what todays lesson is so I can beat your ass," he growled. 

"I'd like to see you try."

Your classmates eyes darted between you and Kacchan, awaiting to hear who would say what next. It was clearly entertaining to them to see what was going on. Aizawa cleared his throat, snapping everyones attention towards him. He stepped out onto the field with a clipboard in hand. Iida quickly ordered everyone to line up in front of your teacher. 

"So," Aizawa said. "Today will be pretty simple." The ground shook behind him as it parted to bring forth the elaborate obstacle course. 

"An obstacle course!" Denki grinned. "This should be fun."

"Nice observation, Denki," he nodded. "You will all compete 4 at time with an exception of one group of 5. Using this stop watch, I will record how each of you will do. First group, to go up will be Aoyoma, Kirishima, Mina, and Sato. Second group, Tokoyami, Bakugo, Jiro and Iida. Third group, Midoriya, Asui, (Name), and Mineta."

The rest of the students names drowned out as you solely became focused on the fact that you would be in the third group. You were dreading it and hoping that Aizawa would spare you and let you go last, but that wasn't happening. What made matters even worse was that you were in the same group as Midoriya. Even though in the beginning he was pretty wimpy and had no control over his quirk, he has grown exponentially stronger in a short period of time. You didn't want to look too pathetic in front of your classmates.