One small attack

Eris's P.O.V.

My hands stopped turning into ash and cinder after a while and I managed to calm myself down before anyone found me. And the first people to find me were not the good ones. I took out a few F.E.A.R. soldiers but soon one had me pinned to the ground as another raised their staff as they got ready to slam my skull in. I didn't turn anything into ash as I was scared I'd turn the rest of me into ash. I shut my eyes and prepared for the end. But it never came though. All I felt was the warm drops of blood that landed on me as the biggest threat was killed. Then the one holding me down was killed. All five that were there were killed. The manner of their deaths, I wouldn't have even wished on them.

"You okay?" A boy asked. I looked up at him and tried to trip him and get away, that didn't go as smoothly as I was hoping. He didn't trip and he grabbed my waist before I could run.

"Woah, hey, I'm not going to hurt you, if I wanted you dead or something do you really think I would have killed those weirdos." He said. I stopped and he let go of me. I turned to him sharply.

"So, can I at least know what your name is?" I asked. He smiled. His skin was tan but his eyes didn't seem to match it, yet they went together so well. His eyes were an icy blue. He had on jeans and a leather jacket over his bare chest, it would have been hot if I hadn't been able to see each one of his ribs.

"My name is Jackson. Can I know the name of the maiden in distress that I've saved." He said. I looked at him.

"I am not a maiden in distress, and I'm Eris." I said. He thought for a second.

"Eris? Isn't that like the greek goddess of destruction?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes, my sister's name was Kali, which was a different goddess of destruction." I said. He looked at me. I had a feeling he was tempted to ask me why I used 'was' when I mentioned my sister's name. But he didn't, instead he smiled again.

"What did your parents have with goddess's of destruction?" He asked. I crossed my arms.

"I'm the daughter of the old and am the new Destroyer. A name having something to do with destruction is kind of expected." I said. He looked at me then shrugged.

"I guess that makes sense, even though I thought the Destroyer was just part of group that was made up." He said.

"What do you mean made up?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Where I come from, the Wild Ones are nothing but a bed time story for little kids." He said. I looked at him.

"What? My horror story of a life, is a bedtime story?" I asked. He shrugged.

"If you live far enough away, things begin to become just stories and not the horrible truth they may really be." He said. I looked down at his ribs then back up at his thin face. I could almost see the bone around his eye sockets. I took a step backwards.

"So you live far away then what are you doing here?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I was banished for something I didn't do." He asked. I looked at him.

"What did they banish you for?" I asked.

"Murder." He said. I stared at him for a moment.

"I wasn't a killer then, but the desert can make you into something you never were." He said. I nodded.

"Well, why don't I bring you back with me, to my bedtime story life, and get you something to eat, you're practically nothing but skin and bones." I said. He nodded.

"As long as you aren't planning on slitting my throat in my sleep, because I just told you about what I am." He said. Most people would have thought he was joking but those icy blue eyes were chillingly honest. I smiled.

"And what exactly are you?" I asked.

"A killer." He said. His eyes scanned me for any fear of him, but he didn't find it.

"Jackson, in the desert, we do what we have to survive, and unforatually, we often take lives. So relax, and come on, we need to get some food in you." I said. I started walking towards camp and he followed. After a few hours of walking I started to wonder just how far I had run. Then I began to notice I was getting a little tired, like really tired. I looked down at my arm, a small bloody gash was there, nothing to worry about except for the blue tinted liquid around the wound. I stumbled but Jackson caught me. He looked at my arm and his eyes widened.

"Poison." He said. Then I sort of blacked out, the last thing I could remember thinking was, I am so dead.