Sheila Part 14

"Sheila!"

She called my name, I've got to run.  "Bring my shoes!"  I've got a job so I better turn around and fetch it from the kitchen.  I'll take this one first.

"Good girl," she said and rubbed my neck.  Oh, it's so nice, mom used to lick my neck when I was small, in many ways this girl Inola is like my mom, she is always kind to me.   I better be off to fetch the other shoe.  She will give me a nice treat when I return with the other shoe.  I think she needs both shoes, then my job is done and I can stay with her.  I think she likes it when I stay with her, here we are, now she has both her shoes. 

 "Good girl, here is your treat."  Mmm, this piece of duck breast is going to be so nice, I'm going to lie down and enjoy her company.  Oh no, here is Boots, he did nothing to deserve a treat.

"Have you been a good boy Boots?"  Inola asked she is so friendly.  Oh boy, but he can put on a show, look at those puppy eyes, they're the innocence itself.  My oh my there you are, she gave him also a duck breast.  He is so jealous of me and now he gives me that victorious look, he has that attitude that frustrates me so.  Here he comes he lies down right next to me as if to say "there's nothing that you can do."

Everything is so peaceful, did I doze off, Boots is snoring here next to me.  Inola sits in front of her desk, she's looking at me with that beautiful smile.  I wonder what she is thinking.  She looks happy and content, she turned back to the stuff on her desk, I guess she doesn't need anything.

I'm so happy, I think I'm going to sleep a bit before the sister arrives.

What was that, oh Boots why did he frighten me like that, there he goes, he is running down the hallway.  Oh, it's the doorbell, it must be Beth, I hope she brought us some pizza, that will be nice.  I'll stay behind to give Inola enough space to wheel herself to the front door.  I need to be calm and good for her, I am her guide dog and therefore I have to act accordingly.

Wow, that smells divine, I would love a piece of that.  I love Beth too, especially when she brings her bathing suit, then she and Inola go for a swim.  Oh, what fun will that be, then we can play with the frisbees, I love to catch them.  I have to swim with them back to the girls and after a few pats and cuddles, they throw it again.  We have so much fun and we are so tired when we get out of the pool.  Have I told you that I'm a Water Spaniel?  Now you understand why I love playing in the water, don't you?