Chapter 12

Zenitsu's POV

I woke up in Tanjiro's arms, he was still asleep so I stayed still. We were both only in boxers and snuggled up under the blankets, I very carefully shuffled around in Tanjiros grips so I could reach my phone to check the time. The screen showed 5:27am, school starts at 7:30am and Gramps leaves for work 7:00am, which means I still have time to sneak Tanjiro out of the house. "Hey, get up" I shook Tanjiro carefully "Too early" Tanjiro grumbled as he buried his face in my hair. "C'mon, you need to leave before Gramps gets up" I said in a low voice, "Fiiiiiiiiine" Tanjiro started to sit up. As soon as I tried to get up I stumbled awkwardly before falling on the floor, I sat on the floor and started to tear up as Tanjiro laughed quietly in the background. "This is all your fault" I said in a silent voice "Well, if I'm remembering correctly you're the one that asked for it" he said as he zipped up his jeans, "OH MY GOD, STOP!" I said in a yelled whisper, my face felt like it was about to explode from all the blood rushing to it, turning my cheeks a glowing scarlet red. My hips ached and my ass was sore, my knees wobbled and my balance was horrible, and to top it all off I have to go to school with a neck infested in hickies! Tanjiro helped me get up when he finished putting on his clothes, he helped me wobble over to the dresser. I changed into a pair of green cargo shorts with a camo pattern and threw on the yellow hoodie I had worn earlier in the week, "Ok you need to leave now!" I hurriedly pushed Tanjiro out of the house, trying to be quiet, "Ok go now! I'll see you at school, Ok bye!" I pushed him out the door and waved goodbye quickly. I walked into the bathroom and examined my neck, 'Damn' I went back into my room and looked for something to cover my neck with. I found an old scarf and wrapped it around my neck, I fiddled with it until it covered most of the hickies, I looked ridiculous.

I sat at the table with Gramps, eating some simple cereal. Gramps read the Newspaper like like always and I ate my food in a rush, like always, a few storm clouds were rolling in, but that wasnt uncommon. What was uncommon was the eerie vibe that hung in the air, Had he seen something? Last night, had he heard something, OH GOD HAD HE HEARD SOMETHING!? I tried my hardest to keep on a straight face, all the while my mind was trying to play detective and figure out what was wrong. "Soo, how'd you sleep?" the sudden voice made me jump. "Not too bad" I responded in a confident tone, Gramps once told me that if I believe it, whoever Im lying to will believe it too. "Alright then" Gramps sighed loudly, this pressure is killing me, I hung my head low and got up from the table. "I'll see after school Gramps" I staggered towards the door "What happened, did you fall or something?" I was halfway out the door when gramps noticed my limp, "Yeah sure... I fell"

I trailed behind Inoske and Murata as we walked to school, "Hey what's up with you?" Murata asked from in front of the group, he pointed to my limp. "Oh nothing I just fell down the stairs last night I" said quickly "You live in a one floor house though" he put his hand on his chin and looked at me suspiciously "You're lying, what did you do that is making you limp. And why are you wearing a scarf, isn't it like plus ten right now?" he walked towards me and I tried to back away but tripped over my own feet and fell backwards on my butt. My butt's already sore enough! Murata gasped loudly and his eyes widened "What is that?!" he pointed to my neck and then I noticed. when I had fallen, the scarf had shifted, revealing my neck. "Nothing!" I grabbed at the scarf and put it back in place, I got up and started walking away. "What the hell dude?!" Inoske and Murata started chasing me and asking me tons of questions. "When did this happen?" Murata asked me "That's none of your business!" I yelled in a whispered voice, "Why are you whispering?" Inoske butted in "Because you two are so embarrassing!" I started walking faster. "Wow I never thought you'd ever get laid!" Inoske laughed "Was the girl hot at least?" Inoske was really starting to get on my nerves "How do you know it was a girl?" I froze in my tracks 'Am I that obvious!?' One of the main reasons I haven't told either of them is because A: Inoske would probably use it against me, B: Murata would most likely get all weird about it, and C: They're my only friends, they have been for a long time. Not many people can handle being around me, which is why I've always struggled making new friends. I just don't want to lose them.