Chapter 1

*****

This is an original piece by me and I really don't have that much to say so I hope you enjoy :)

- Michelle

*****

Okay someone is definitely following me.

This is it I guess, I’m going to die in the streets of Manhattan. I’d like to thank my mom, my dad and my brother, Dare, who is currently six feet under ground.

I picked up my pace and started pacing myself down fourth avenue and down fifth. I was still in my party dress and coat when my best friend Ciera ditched me at the party. She’s probably with another lucky guy, hitting it off. I still couldn’t shake off the feeling that someone’s eyes were staring me down. I looked behind me and sure enough, a man wearing jeans and a black jacket was keeping pace with me. I bit my lip and took a breath out slowly. But just as I turned around I bumped into a tall and structured man. One look at the smirk on his face told me that it was time to run.

I kicked off my heels and raced down the street, my long black hair curled out of the bun I had tied it in earlier. I had no reason to look back so I just kept my head down and headed in the direction of my apartment downtown.

I knew it was a bad idea to go out on my own in the most dangerous part of town. Ciera and her stupid parties. Her asshole boys. Her stupid pretty looks that I could never compare to.

But I reminded myself to keep focused on getting somewhere safe. Suddenly I crashed into something solid and cold. It was the same man I had bumped into before.

How the hell is that even possible? I swear I lost them back there. I even took the short route back home.

I’ve lived in this damned city since I was five and no one knew this city better than me. I turned to run back the other way but was blocked by five other men.

“Looks like we found you, girly.” The man I had bumped into widened his grin.

I heard another man breathe in deeply. “This will be such a delicious feast, Jay.”

“I always catch my pray.” The man, Jay, licked his lips.

I felt vile fill my throat.

They absolutely disgusted me. “Fuck off you perverts! I’m not afraid to call the police!”

I flipped my phone out and I heard a faint grunt come from Jay’s throat. For a second I thought I had him scared but when I turned to look at his face, he was laughing a deep and icy cruel laugh.

He smiled even wider, showing teeth and a really sharp pair of incisors. “Winston, go.”

“What?” I looked at studied his expression, trying to figure out what he was trying to do. Upon close inspection I noticed that he was ridiculously handsome. Under the light of the dim streetlights, I could see his perfectly chiseled face but sunken eyes. It was as if he hadn’t slept in a week but that it hadn’t taunted his beauty.

“T-That’s it I’m calling the police.” I looked down at my phone and just as my shaking finger reached the power on button, the phone disappeared from my hand.

“Looking for this?” A man tilted his head up and smiled at me. In his hand, my phone was balanced on one finger.

I took a step back in shock but before my foot could even reach the ground, I was lifted into the air with one hand on my neck.

“L-Let me go.” I choked out.

Suddenly, I was smashed against a brick wall and the impact gave me a killer headache and my spine was nearly crushed.  That is going to burn in the morning. Jay had both hands pressed on either side of my head and his body was pressed up against mine. I shrunk myself as far as I could into the wall. I felt his lips nearly one centimeter away from my neck. I heard him take a deep breath in and sigh. I saw his eyes boring into mine while one of his fingers stroked a vein on my neck. His eyes. They were the color of the darkest sea. The deepest shade of blue possible. I had nearly forgotten the situation I was in for a second.

“See something you like, girly?” Jay pushed me farther into the wall.

I felt myself grow faint as I lose consciousness. I felt my hand subconsciously try and push Jay away but it was as if I was trying to push an iceberg.

“Avery!” I heard way too familiar voice reach through my haze but I couldn’t quite put my finger on who it was. “Don’t die please, stay with me, you hear me?!”

Dare?

I used my last ounce of energy and slapped Jay across the face.

He chuckled and said, “You really don’t know when to give up do you?”

“Never.” I breathed.

Before I knew what was going on, the weight of Jay was lifted of me and I dropped to my knees.

Through my hazy sight, I watched a man, no, a teenage boy, about my age, maybe a little older jump on Jay who was now off to the right of me. His golden hair looked like a blur as I watched Jay throw him a punch, which he dodged swiftly. I looked to my left and I saw a guy who made my heart throw a fit.

Haha, Avery you’re stupid. I said to myself. You’re about to die and you’re thinking about a cute guy.

He kneeled next to me and I saw his amazing silver hair that drifted along with the wind. “Please don’t die.” He said to me, “You’ll be okay, I promise.”

If there were more guys like him, things would be better in this world.

With that, I passed out on the cement, watching a bloodbath in front of me as the blonde guy and four others fight with Jay’s men.

The last thing I remember is the guy with silver hair carrying me bridal style through a thick forest of trees.

Am I going to die? Well, shit.