Chapter 37

Chapter 37 ~ Epilogue 2; 4 years later

Reiji

"C'mon on get up Mik," I shook him several times. It was a usual Saturday with the only exception that we both had finally nothing to do. It was a free day in a while therefore we wanted to stroll around town since we didn't get to do that often.

But now here he was not being able to stand up. "Babe, what is it?" I could tell that he wasn't feeling well. I brushed the blanket off of him in confusion but he only slightly opened his eyes at it. His complexion was pale and his breathing was a little unsteady. "Did you catch the flu?"

Although he wasn't coughing or something and with a touch on his forehead I could tell that his temperature wasn't high enough to call it a fever. "I'm sorry," he apologized with faint voice. "I don't think I can accompany you today."

His tired eyes closed again when I furrowed my brows in worry. "It's fine we'll get the chance another time." I covered him back up with the blanket and wanted to get up when he grabbed my wrist and gathered his strength to sit up.

"You should still go though. I know how much you wanted to," he smiled.

"You really think so?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What? I won't die on you. You can't get rid of me that easily," he chuckled. I brushed a strand of his hair of his face and pressed a kiss on his temple.

"I'll call in someone to check on you, okay?" With that I stood up and went to get dressed when Mik refused.

"No need, I'll be fine with enough of sleep." He went to lay back down and covered himself while he turned to face me. "Ask Minato to go with you. He'd really love to."

"Alright, but take care, you hear me?" But I doubted he heard me so I just sighed and left the room, shaking my head to go search for Minato. However, it was not necessary to look for him since I accidentally bumped into him on the way through the hallway with a laundry basket in his hands as soon as he smiled and greeted me.

"Hey Minato do you want to go take a walk around the town with me?" He was surprised by my sudden invitation when he at first didn't find the words to reply but nodded heavily.

"Yeah of course I would. But wasn't Mikaelis supposed to go with you? Does he have a sudden appointment?"

"He's not feeling well for some reason. Maybe it's just from exhaustion but I'd rather want someone to check on him first before I can be assured enough to leave." I was still having a rather bad feeling about it and therefore couldn't help being a little anxious.

Minato immediately understood and quickly left while I was kept in impatience.

*

"Hey I've been curious. How did you and Mik even meet?" I wondered as we passed through the streets.

"Uh well I actually refer from telling the story to anyone," he seemed rather uneasy but still continued. "I wasn't a trained servant like Aylenne or Mellow that got allocated to Prince Anthoniel and Dominique as soon as they reached the age of ten. I used to be an orphan, living on the streets like a stray cat. I barely had anything to eat and fell severely ill."

"Moreover, I never knew my parents nor did I know whether I had any relatives. I wasn't even blessed with a name. I think I was around ten or eleven years old when Mikaelis picked me up from the streets. He was about seven at that time when he was on a regular walk with his brothers and another supervisor. No matter how many years have passed, I remember clearly how everyone was against me at the beginning and how Mikaelis got in a lot of trouble for it. Regardless, he still insisted on keeping me."