PROLOGUE

For his size, he was quite fast.

"STAR HQ. Can anyone hear me? Agent M to Murphy... General Kirk?!" She yelled in exasperation and ducked under a tree branch which her pursuer did not manage to see in time.

There was a dull beep from her monitor again. No bars. She let out a scream as the hem of her trench coat caught on a thorny bush. Wasting no time to think about how much she loved that coat, she produced a blade and cut herself free just as a huge hand nearly grabbed her again. 

"...and... No! No, please don't go blank-" She whipped out her phone and dialed the General again...it was ringing.

"General Kirk...!" 

She fell to another level of the forest floor, picking up every bit of mud and twigs as clothes could carry before slamming her back into a rock, monitor destroyed.

Her pursuer blocked her way still.

He slung her over his shoulder carelessly and her head hit a tree in passing.

Her eyes opened and she saw herself in a partly furnished living space on a settee guarded by 'Hulk'. Enraged, she shot up out of the settee. He ignored her and stalked out of the room... just as a masked man of a less intimidating build sauntered in, making it obvious; that he owned the place.

Of course, he wore a mask.

She noticed he was oddly calm about having abducted her.
"What do you want from me?" She asked taking a defensive stance as she discovered to her joy that her telescoping blade was still sheathed in her sleeve.

She noticed his shoulders shake with laughter he soon made audible enough to irk her the more. He gave a mocking bow when he managed to compose himself.

She raised a brow.

He remained silent.

Silence prevailed in the room and her stance wavered quite a bit, but not her will. Her head was pounding from the blow she took to the head and the man before her seemed to duplicate before her eyes.

He took off the mask and cast it aside. Her breath caught for a moment as she prepared for a surprise attack. Instead, he rid himself of his gloves, followed by his jacket. He then met her blue eyes with his forest green ones.

"Still need me to speak?" He asked as a wistful smile danced over his features.

Her head seemed to be spinning, along with the room as memory after memory resurfaced. Each had his face in them, but he seemed not to be affected by the spinning room since he became her anchor as everything went from blurry to black.