10.

Despite growing up in New Jersey, I had never found myself in the heart of New York City as I did a week later, pulling my suitcase, as well as one of Gumi's (Miku had the second while the fashionista herself took the third), out of Luka's rented car.

"Oh, miss, please," a man came up beside me, nearly causing me to jump out of my shoes as he reached for my bag. "Let us take these for you."

I nodded in his direction, sending him a small nervous smile as more people dressed identically to him took the large suitcases from my friends.

"We're really living it up, huh?" Miku asked with a sly grin. She jabbed me in the side when I gave no response.

"We're here on business," Luka reminded us, handing the keys to the valet and slinging the chain of her designer handbag over her shoulder.

Gumi's shoulders slumped. "Oh, come on. You can't let us have any fun?"

"I think Vegas was nothing but fun," Luka pointed out.

My eyes fell to the ground. The four of us walked towards the front doors, the porters behind us with our luggage.

"And this isn't a festival," Luka continued. "This is much more organized and professional. Therefore, I expect you three to act the same-"

"Luka," Miku began, taking a step in front of all of us and turning to face her. The pink-haired girl stood a good foot taller than Miku. This didn't stop her though, between the two of them, the pop-star looked much more threatening when she wanted to. "We literally wrote lyrics and instrumentals for Ken's song in a week. We made it on a Rolling Stone's article. Our album is about to release. Can you chill out?"

Luka, arms crossed, looked down at the girl with contempt. Gradually, however, her expression began to soften. "I... I guess. But business comes first."

"Well we don't have anything going on tonight, right? Why don't we have, like, a movie night? Or something?" Gumi suggested, clearly put off by the sudden tension in the air.

With a single sigh from Luka, her posture slackened, and the tension was instantly lifted. "I... will run to the liquor store and get some wine. Yeah? How does that sound?"

A pleased grin covered Miku's face. "Now that's what I wanted to hear."

Luka pulled the keycards from her wallet, handing one to each of us. "Don't lose these-"

"We won't!" Miku groaned. "We'll see you up there!"

Luka took a deep breath, sending a smile our way before heading back towards the front doors.

"Wow," I said. We resumed our path to the elevator, the porters following us like baby ducklings. I cast a look over my shoulder at Luka's retreating figure. "Didn't think I would ever see her lighten up."

"Enjoy it while it lasts," Miku smirked.

Our suite was not nearly as grand as it had been in Vegas, but I still wasn't about to complain. It was a single bedroom, with a fully furnished kitchen and living room. The porters left our luggage near the front door, per our request, as we unanimously decided that Luka would get the bedroom. I had no problem sleeping on the floor.

"Radio City is right around the corner," Miku told us, pressing her forehead against the window behind the couch to get a better view. "You think we can see it from here?"

I rolled my eyes, pulling my suitcase onto its side and unzipping it. "I doubt it-"

"Wait, dude! It's right there!"