『one: dream』

Chapter 1

"In the corners of memories dancing with silver snow."

A thick layer of snow covered the entire area. The sky was so bright it almost looked white. December stared up straight and watched the sky. The sky felt empty. Where were the clouds?

December suddenly shot up. He's laying on an air bed? The bed swayed softly against the unstable waves and ripples of the water. Now he's in the middle of a lake, on an air bed in the middle of nowhere.

Gusts of wind messed with his hair, enough to see his heterochromatic eyes. December looked at his hand, he rolled it up into a fist and unclenched it.

It feels as if he wasn't sure of his existence himself.

The next thing he did was dipping his hand in the water, his black coat's sleeves getting soaked in the process.

Then another strong gusts of wind passed by. Everything happened so fast. The next thing that could be seen was December's airbed that was flipped upside down, and now he's drowing, trying to escape from the cold, cold water that was eating him away.

He tried swimming to edge of the lake but as he swam, the lake got bigger and bigger, making it impossible.

Now, December was in the middle of what looks like to be an ice cold ocean, trying to fight for his life. He swam and swam but then he seemingly got tired. At this point, he couldn't even move any of his limbs.

December was saying something as he started floating down the vast, dark blue ocean.

"Help.... Help me.... November.."

"No, no, no! I can't! You're not real!" [Name] abruptly shot up from her sleeping position in the couch, screaming.

Chikage pried his eyes off his computer for a second, glancing back at [Name].

"That dream again?" He asked.

[Name] wiped off the pools of sweat that formed on her face as she sighed.

"Yeah. It's been like this every night since they..." [Name] trailed off, unable to continue the sentence.

Chikage knew what she meant. Of course he knew she meant. They're living under the same roof after all, literally. They're family, and it stays that way. Even without August and December.

"What time is it anyway?" [Name] asked the green haired man who was focused on his computer.

"It's 3:24. You should get some more sleep, we're going forward with the plan today after all." Chikage said, not even batting an eyelash at her as he typed away.

"You should get some sleep too, you'll get sick if you continue on like this." [Name] said, looking at Chikage. The computer screen was the only thing lighting up the dark room. Save for the dim lamp that was minutes away from dying. 'We need to replace that soon.'

"Stop that." Chikage said which startled [Name] for a second. She fiddled with her necklace that was loosely hung around her neck.

The necklace was a simple black chain but what stood out the most was the pendant. The pendant was a plain silver ring.

"Sorry..." [Name] trailed off. She could feel the angst coming off from Chikage. She could tell he was feeling uneasy. Perhaps she's acting way too much like him.

[Name] looked over at the door and stood up from the couch. Her back was a bit sore from sleeping on the couch but she'll deal with it.

"I'm heading out for a bit." [Name] informed Chikage. She wasn't sure if he heard her or chose to ignore her. Nonetheless, she headed for the door.

"... Be careful." Chikage spoke just right before she closed the door. This plastered a smile on her face. 'He does care. We're family after all.'

Outside, the moon shone brightly in contrast to the dark, cloudless sky. Numerous stars were scattered up above. Today was a full moon. Much like that night.

[Name] sat on the ground and continued staring up at the moon. It looked so beautiful, too beautiful for the situation she's in.

Sighing, she stopped staring at the moon. A little more then she'd be glaring and blaming the celestial body. It wasn't fair.

[Name] fiddled with the ring in her necklace yet again. It belonged to someone important to her. Someone she couldn't forget but that someone, well he seems to have done exactly that.

[Name]'s ring glimmered in the night. She caught it on her peripheral vision. It felt like it was long ago when he gave her the ring.

The ring has a silver band, much similar to the one on her necklace. The difference was the dark blue gem in the middle of her ring. It was oddly shaped like a marshmallow, making her chuckle silently.

She misses him.

Why would he kill August? No, more like, why would he betray the family? Various thoughts were racing in her mind at the same time yet all of it was summed up in one question.

"December, why?"