| chapter 8 - a present |

She walked back into the room wrapped up in a fluffy and warm bathrobe. Her heart was pounding and she was nervous. She met the man only a few hours before. How long had he planned that for? Seemed he had a lot figured out already.

On top of her bed was a small squared box. She ran her hands on top of the beautiful burgundy velvet that covered the case. It was obviously a jewelry box, but it was too big to contain a ring. Mi-Sun couldn't think of a reason the Duke would give her such present, specially if wasn't related to their recent relationship.

She took a deep breath and opened the box. Inside of it was the most amazingly beautiful white gold and diamond necklace and earring set. The shape of little flowers and delicate thin branches studded with expensive stones were spectacular. It almost seemed to be made specially to her taste.

Her hand rushed to cover her mouth that was left wide open. She felt like she didn't deserve it, but how could she not accept it? It was gorgeous, and she honestly couldn't wait to wear it.

"Would you like to try it with your dress, My Lady?", the helper asked, taking Mi-Sun from her state of ultimate shock.

Mi-Sun nodded positively to the girl, even though she knew her sister's dress wouldn't be able to suit such jewelry. To her, honestly, nothing would suit the necklace properly.

"Which one would you like to wear, My Lady?", the helper questioned.

"Which one?", Mi-Sun asked, confused.

And then she looked at the girl, who held two dresses in her hands. The yellow one, which belonged to her sister, and a blue one she had never seen before in her life. Her mind wondered for a few seconds before something clicked: grandmother. Oh, that sneaky old lady. And just the thought of her made Mi-Sun's heart fill with love and joy.

She cracked the biggest smile, pointing to the light blue tule dress the helper held in her left hand. And she felt magnificent the moment she put it on. The puffed sleeves begun a little under her shoulders, exposing her defined collar bones and light skin. The corset had beautiful light pink, white and lilac flower embroidery details, and it hanged tight on the smaller part of her waist, adorned by a delicate silk belt. The flower details were also embroidered in the dress' skirt, that was puffed and very princess-like.

Before finishing her hair and touching up her makeup, Mi-Sun's helper gave her another thing: a small letter. From Jeon Jungkook. She couldn't even sit straight and still to let the girl do her work, so nervous she was! In an elegant handwriting, he wrote:

"My dear Lady Seong Mi-Sun,
with all my heart, I wish you enjoy my present. I honestly can not wait to see you wearing it, since I won't be able to tell who is more beautiful.
I'll come by your room to pick you up at the nineteenth hour, so we can accompany each other to dinner.
Sincerely yours,
Jeon Jungkook."

Sincerely yours. Mi-Sun's face was a blushing mess, but she was also quite angry. He had time to prepare himself for this, while she didn't. He seemed calm and quite courteous, like he enjoyed the Casanova act he played with her. Many mixed emotions were taking part within her. She couldn't tell her true feelings, and she sure didn't like that.

A knock was heard by the two young ladies. Mi-Sun's wide eyes scanned the clock, who hit exactly 19:00. What an unbearable precise man. She was ready and about to tell the girl to go open the door when she realized. She wasn't wearing the jewelry yet.

"Oh my God", she told the girl, who was also terrified "Please, help me with the necklace and I'll put the earrings."

They ran trough the room, trying to finish the new bride's outfit as fast as humanly possible. The Duke was waiting behind the freaking door. The necklace clasp felt more like a puzzle and it was taking too long to close the damned thing. Mi-Sun was able to put both earrings while the girl figured the clasp out.

With her jewelry in place, she was about to open the door herself when the helper nervously whispered to her.

"My Lady, your shoes! You can not go barefooted."

Shoes. Oh God. Mi-Sun thought she was losing her mind! She was in such a hurry she almost went barefooted to a dinner with the King!

The helper needed to put her shoes alone, since Mi-Sun was unable to even see her feet due to the dress. She was cursing herself for not paying attention to the clock when Jungkook knocked the second time.

He was impatient. What was she thinking? Making him wait for her in the hallway? He took a few deep breaths. She still didn't open. He was about the barge into the room when the handle was turned. The helper opened the door and bowed. She moved to the side, giving him the space to look at his bride.

The air seemed to change. He left her in the girl's care only a few hours back, but at that moment it was like he was starring at a different woman. Her dress was beautiful and complemented her skin tone perfectly. Her exposed chest was giving him thoughts he knew he shouldn't have. Her makeup was soft, giving her an angel-like appearance.

She was wearing his gift. It was an expensive set and it sure was glamorous, but, surprisingly, it didn't outshone her. It looked more like she was giving it life. She was just beautiful. Her fierce eyes looked directly into his, almost like a challenge. He loved it.

"Your Grace", she spoke in a ridiculously sweet tone while bowing, giving Jungkook quite the spectacle, thanks to her dress. 

He swallowed dry. Was she doing it on purpose? Because, God-dammit, it was working. He tried to search his mind for the image of the sweet, kind and scared Mi-Sun, but his mind wasn't collaborating: he liked that version of her much more.

"My Lady", Jungkook spoke back to her, trying to recompose himself. He extended his arm to her, as a signal for her to grab it "Are you ready to go?"

She smiled and nodded positively. He thought her smile was beautiful, breathtaking really. He didn't say it, though. It was something he tried to hold only to himself at that moment. Her small hand grabbed his defined biceps for the second time that day, and they left the room.

They looked majestic together while walking the palace walls towards the dinning room. He was well-built, tall and strong. He emanated a dark and powerful aura that scared most people. But she contrasted him in such a lovely way, with her petit figure and delicate curves, her fairytale dress and the sweet features of an angel. 

"You look lovely tonight", he whispered in her ear, in a low voice that gave the girl chills all over her small body "I sincerely hope you liked the gift."

"Yes, Your Grace. I absolutely love it. I deeply appreciate your concern and thoughtfulness", she looked at him with adorable eyes.

Jungkook lost himself in them for a while and when he came back to reality, they were just mere feet away from the dinning room door. He stopped dead in his tracks, turning Mi-Sun's attention all to himself once again.

"Before we go in", he said to her, with a devilish smirk on his face, which she didn't like at all "there's one more thing we need to, My Lady."