Chapter 7:I'm Here

It was a late morning in the Troll Tree, but nobody was singing and dancing, you want to know why...?

Well, It's because, King Peppy, the former King of the Trolls, died recently, all of the Trolls were heartbroken but none were as broken as Poppy was.

Poppy's heart was in pieces by the death of her father, she could barely keep it together during the funeral the Trolls made for him, sure she had Branch to calm her down but the hurt she never felt would never go away. After the funeral, Branch had to decided to stay with Poppy for a while to help her get back on her feet.

So far she said, she's was OK, but Branch knew she wasn't she was tramatized by her father's death.

(One night)

Branch was sitting in the living room reading a book, when he heard a noise coming from Poppy's room (or her pod) he decided to investigate.

Branch went out around the tree and asking the other trolls if they had seen Poppy.

Branch kept walking and calling Poppy's name, but he couldn't find her.

But just when he was about to give up, he heard someone talking.

"I'm sorry dad, I wish there was something I could have done, but now at least I can get to be with you" Poppy said.

Branch knew that voice anywhere, it was Poppy, and from what he just heard he had to find her fast.

Branch ran and followed Poppy's voice until he finally saw her and he  saw was horrific, Poppy was standing at the edge of the tree Branch looking read to fall off.

"Poppy, stop!" Branch yelled.

Poppy stopped and turned around.

"Goodbye, Branch" she said with a whisper.

Then, at that moment, Poppy fell off, Branch couldn't stand to see her go so he dove in after her.

Just in time, Branch grabbed Poppy by her waist and used his hair to hook on the tree Branch.

When the both got to the top Branch put Poppy down on her knees.

"What did you think you were doing!?" Branch shouted.

But then, he saw that Poppy's face was covered in tears, his gaze softened, he knelt down in front of her and put his hands on her shoulder.

"Poppy, why would you put yourself though that?" he said more softly this time.

Poppy slowly raised her head and meet his gaze.

"I just wanted... To see my dad... One more time" she sobbed.

Branch couldn't stand it anymore, he brought Poppy close to him and let her cry on his chest.

When her sobs turned into quite sniffles, he brought her back to meet her gaze.

"Poppy, I want to show you something" he said.

Branch helped her back on her feet and brought her to a meadow filled with a million fireflies, Branch knelt down in front of Poppy and brought her down with him.

"Poppy, I know this is hard for you and you don't want to think about what happened, but sometimes it's ok to think about it" he said softly.

Poppy looked down to keep more tears from falling, but Branch lifted her chin up to meet his gaze and that's when he started singing.

Branch:
Taking a moment to
Think of just
Flexibility, love and trust

Take a moment to
Think of just
Flexibility, love and trust

Just then Poppy saw something that looked like Branch but when he was younger.

Branch:
Here comes a thought
That might alarm you
What someone said
And how it harmed you

Something you did
That failed to be charming
Things that you said
Are suddenly swarming

The, a million fireflies came at the young Branch swarming around him.

Branch:
And oh, You're losing sight
You're losing touch
All these little things
Seem to matter so much

That they confuse you
That I might lose you

Just then, the fireflies started to back away from the young Branch, it looked like he was a calming down and taking deep breath.

Branch:
Take a moment
Remind yourself

To take a moment
And find yourself

Take a moment
And ask yourself

If this is how
You fall apart
But it's not (5x)

It's okay (5x)
You've got nothing (4x)
To fear
I'm here (2x)

Poppy:
Here comes a thought

Then, Poppy saw herself at her father's funeral breaking down.

Poppy:
That might alarm me
What someone said
And how it harmed me
Someone I did
That failed to be charming

Just then, million s of fireflies started swarming around Poppy.

Poppy:
Things that I said
Are suddenly swarming

And oh I'm losing sight
All this little things
Seem to matter so much
That they confused me

Both:
That I might lose me

Take a moment
Remind yourself

Take a moment
And find yourself

Take a moment
And ask yourself

If this is how we fall apart
But it's not (5x)
It's okay (5x)

Then, Poppy saw herself taking a breath like Branch did and calming down.

Both:
I've got nothing (4x)
To fear
I'm here (2x)

And it was
Just a thought (5x)
It's okay (5x)

We can watch (4x)
Them go by
From here (2x)

Poppy:
Take a moment
To think of just
Flexibility, love and trust

Take a moment
To think of just
Flexibility, love and trust

End

When they finished singing, Poppy threw her arms around Branch a tackled him to the ground, when she got up she kept herself on his chest.

"Thank you, Branch" she said with a warm smile.

"You're welcome, Poppy" Branch said returning the smile.

Branch raised his hand and caressed her cheek then pulled her face down and kissed her lips sweetly.

Later, they were their backs looking on the sky, Poppy had falling asleep  on Branch's chest, he turned over and whispered something.

"See Poppy, I'm here for you" he said softly as he kissed her forehead.

By the end of the night both trolls realised that no matter how bad things get they have each other to help though it, and that was perfect for both of them for a officialy couples for Poppy and Branch's Big Love...

The End