chapter 1

Narrated ibn 'Abbas (r.a) : ALLAH's messenger  (s.a.w)  said , " There are two blessings which many people loose : ( they are)  health and free time for doing good.

{Sahih al-bukhari  , The book of Ar-Riqâq}

Chapter 1

It was  the time sun was setting .Mrs rehana sipped her tea. Glancing at the magazine in her hand .

"Assalamualaikum phuppi". Reem kissed Mrs rehana's cheek  as sliding down her hand bag.

"Walekum assalam dear . How was your day today " Mrs. Rehana asked putting the magazine back to its place as she turned towards Reem with a smile on her face .

"Alhamdulillah phuppi. Just a lil tired ."
She said massaging her temples.

" You look tired honey.  Let me get you some coffee.  Go and freshen up. " Mrs. rehana said with a warm smile on her face .

" Thanks phuppi" she said and made her way towards her room .

Mrs. Rehana was her father's sister .  Reem's father had sent her here to new York to spend some time with her phuppi as she was missing Reem very much . And beacause her father Ahmed qureshi had some problem related to business and it was not safe for Reem to stay there. Reem is continuing her college here for one year . One year is so long  but she had no choice.  It's already been 7 months now. Just 5 months more and she will be back .

Reem freshened up and made wudhu for it was already maghrib time . She offered her salah and recited Qur'an  and sat on her prayer mat .

" I feel good . Alhamdulillah ya rabb." She wispered as she closed her eyes.  Her face showed peace . She felt her facial expression rest . 

There was a knock on the door . "Come in" .
Hania , her phuppi's elder daughter showed up with a cup of coffee in her hand .

"Assalamualaikum Reem. " Hania smiled at her . " walekum assalam han". Reem smiled warmly at her.

" Awh Reem. You know I feel so happy when I see you . I feel... peace . I love you soo much girl" Hania said and gave her a bone crushing hug.  Reem laughed at her childishness and muttered alhamdulillah.

Hania was a year older than  Reem.  Next week was hania's Mehendi.  Yes . She's getting married . Hania smiled and quickly wiped a lonely tear which fell from her cheek .

" you know that you're getting married han".  Hania squeezed reem's hands and kissed it.

"Alhamdulillah yes. I just ... feel scared you know." She looked at reem.  " I know  Di...
Insha'allah everything will be fine." She nodded.

" Girls dinner's ready." Mrs. Rehana said and they two made their way downstairs not before taking the empty cup with them.

" Assalamualaikum phuppa " Reem  happily went to Mr. Arshad and kissed his hand .

" walekum assalam honey ". Mr. Arshad laughed at her act . "Assalamu alaikum dad"  Hania and safa said their salams .

Everyone made their way towards dining table and started eating . Reem was eating and someone  nudged her leg. She looked up and it was safa . Reem raised her eyebrow and safa looked at her dad and then at reem and then made a pleading face and mouthed please .

Reem took a sip of water and cleared her throat.  " ah.... phuppa ..?"  
" yes honey "  he looked at me .
" actually safa has her exams  coming next month and you see she's stressed . So...
There's a college trip coming up ... maybe day after tomorrow. Was thinking if you'd allow her . "   Reem  said .

" hmm... I see  . Very well then . And what about you Reem.  You go to the same college. . You don't wanna go ..?" .
He asked .

" actually... I don't feel like. It's jus-"
She was cut off by Mrs. Rehana .

"Dear . Your mind will get freshen . I think you should think about it . And the next week will be a busy one as it's Mehendi. ."

" yes Reem.  She's right . You should " Hania said and Reem looked at them with an unsure smile. She had no other option so she nodded. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"THANKYOU SOOO MUCH REEMI" safa wisper screamed entering the kitchen. 
Reem  laughed and winked at her .

" I knew dad would listen to you. And your even coming with me.  It would be soo much fun." .  She said .

"Yea I guess.."  reem smiled at her ..
After the dinner  Reem was on her bed .
She really didn't wanna go . She already missed her family ... especially her bhai .but let's just give it a try . She thought .

Suddenly her phone buzzed .  Reem glanced at it and frowned.  " it's the same number again ."  She wispered.  Who's this. Why was he/she disturbing her.

"Should I pick it up " . She asked herself and picked it up .

"Hello"

"Reem"  This voice . She sat there frozen.

Assalamu alaikum  lovelies ....!!!
How was the chapter.
Hope it wasn't boring ...
Well... safa is the naughtiest one in the house  I guess.😉
Who do you think was on the phone..?

Do like and comment  ...
Till next time
ALLAH HAFIZ ❤