I

"Princesa, c'mon its time to go!" The younger sister called from downstairs. The sisters were going to stay with their tia and tio in Freeridge. Due to family problems, they have to stay at a close family friends. The girls loaded their luggage and took one last look at their home before heading off to Freeridge. Vanessa was 17, almost 18, and Olivia was 14.

The change was overwhelming for the sisters, having to get up and leave. They're going to a whole new state where they know no one but eachother. They arrived at the family friends and were greeted outside by the parents. The room they were staying in was quite small with two twin beds, but its better than nothing right?
            Olivia went to go talk to the boy her age while Vanessa decided to go ride around the city and get familiar with the area. As she left she saw a couple teenagers on the way to the house, probably that kids friends. Nessa drove around for another 15 minutes before her car came to a stop. She quickly realized she ran out of gas.

*Vanessa's POV*

           God damnit, how did i not notice the gas was almost out? Theres some guys over there maybe they can at least help me push it to the gas station. "Hey, Vato! I need a lil' help here!" I yelled at the men with the tattoos. "Who you callin vato? I aint yo homie." The one with the shaved head came closer and i backed up. "My bad, my car ran outta gas and i need some help. Im Vanessa by the way" He looked at me and just kind of chuckled. "Spooky," He nodded his head as he stated his name. "Is that like- your actual name?" I questioned, who would name their kid Spooky? "You ask too many questions, hyna." I just squinted my eyes at him, "Are you gonna help me or not?" "Well, there isnt a gas station for a couple miles, so your best bet is to let us push your car into the driveway and you can put some gas in it in the morning." He said as he motioned for his friends to push my car. "How am i supposed to get home?" I was kinda hoping he'd just give me a ride. It was 25 minutes til dark and Freeridge isnt a place you want to be at night. "Shocked you arent begging to stay here with me, tough one hey?" I was kind of baffled by his statement. "Oh your confident, arent you pendejo." His face shifted from being playful to serious. "Get in the car, ill take you home." He stated almost without emotion as he stepped towards the car.
           It was a red 2005 Subaru Outback with a white hood. I hopped in without a word as he turned over the car and asked where i live. "You not from 'round here. Where you from?" He asked not taking his eyes off the road. "San Francisco, what about you?" I said looking at him as he lit his blunt, taking a drag and handing it to me. "Freeridge born and raised. So im guessing you dont know much about here?" He finally looked at me as i handed him back the blunt. "No, not really." He nodded at my answer. "Come back to the house at noon tomorrow, I'll show you around." At this point we were at my house, so I stepped out of the car and thanked him for the ride.
         I went inside and was immediately ambushed with questions as to what I was doing hanging out with Spooky. Everyone seemed pissed but also concerned, which just confused me more. "What the fuck is the big deal?" I finally snapped and shouted. "He's a fucking gang leader Vanessa, he's dangerous!"
I stopped for a second and did a double take. "Gang leader?" I asked, almost hoping i misheard them. "The Santos? He's big man dude!" Ruby finally told me. They explained everything to me about Freeridge and Spooky. Apparently Cesar is his little brother, poor kids life is already set out for him. "What am i supposed to do about tomorrow? Cancel on a man whos killed people?" I noticed the tear drop and what not but my mind didnt really go towards murderous gang leader. "What do you mean tomorrow?" Ceser asked. "He wanted to show me around Freeridge.." Monse lost it at that point. "God you cant go! What if a Prophet pulls up on you? We are in the middle of a gang war for christs sake and you want to go in public with one of the leaders!? Are you stupid??"
          Monse was right, I couldn't go out with him tomorrow. I still needed to pick up my car though from his house. "fuck." I let out a small sigh as my back hit my bed. Ive been here one day and Ive already got shit to deal with.. I turned over to Olivia and turned off our lamp. "Goodnight manita." I spoke softly to her. "Goodnight princesa"."
• • • • • • • • • • • • •
AN- ahh ok heres the first chapter, im gonna try to post every wednesday and saturday but i might miss some:(