Packing Up My Life

When I was all finished up in the mall, I contacted my mom to pick me up, she was about a half hour late. When we finally arrived home, I did a final check for all the things that were on the packing list, just to make sure that I had everything. My mom came into my room and asked spontaneously if she could come to university with me. I wasn't sure if she was joking or not but I tried to read her face instead of asking.
"Well of course you can drive me but, you do know that...university is for students only."
I marked, stating the obvious.
"I was a student once, please?! I've tried so hard at being your mother and taking amazing care of you and... well and, I can't take this anymore!"
She ranted storming out of my room slamming the door. I was completely startled and to be honest, a little frustrated. I'm just tried of treating my mom like royalty and getting yelling and screaming and "I didn't do this, I didn't do that" I mean like, I'm not going to take care of her anymore if she is just going to treat me like a pile of horse crap. As I was caught up thinking to my self, I herd the doorbell ring, and seeing as my mom won't get off her lazy ass, I rushed down to get it. I figured that it would be just some old mailman or something but to my surprise, it was one of my best friends from elementary school that I hadn't seen in what it felt like a million years.
"Ella, oh my goodness its been for ever how are you?!" My friend Tracey said as she was hugging me.
"I'm great thanks, why are you here?"
"Well I herd through the grape vine that you are going to university tomorrow and I wanted to have a little fun before you go. I'm assuming your all packed?" She asked looking at the luggage on the floor.
"Ya why, Are we going some where?"
I asked wanting to stay in my PJ's,
"Only for a little girls time, I was thinking you could come to my apartment and we could watch movies and play old board games and do each others hair and stuff"
She explained as she pulled the game snakes and ladders out of her purse ,with a sticky note saying "Ella" in messy writing.
I smiled at her, grabbed my luggage and my purse and slammed the door, just as I closed the door I realized I had forgotten all about my mother and her health and the big mess she is keeping me in.
I stopped Tracey form getting into the car,
"Look trace, as much as I want to spend the night with my BFF before I'm surrounded with geeks and homework for the rest of my life, I really have to take care of my mom, and her health. Next time."