Longest 8 Hours of my life

I walked back into the house feeling disembowelled and held back, I now have to take care of my clumsy mother with the little money that we have and hope to squeeze by with enough money for all my textbooks and dorm fees. At least tomorrow I don't have to care about anything else, I'll be a new person and all I will have to worry about is my self, I'll be free. At least until then I am forced to live the longest 8 hours of my boring useless life at a place I call home.
*******
For lunch, I was forced to make my mother a bowl of Kraft Dinner with a side of carrots so that it was some what healthy, but let's face it we all know they're just for show.
I sat in front of the TV, daydreaming waiting for the clock to go by one more minute. I try and get distracted to make time fly by but nothing is working, and I'm starting to think the day will never come.
I fell asleep on the couch dreaming about what University could be like, one side of me says an endless supply of homework and tests at your finger tips but another says party ever night with red solo cups and loud music. Or maybe, just maybe I'll re-live a university dream and meet the one I'll spend the rest of my life with, my one and only, my one true love. Or maybe I'll die in a hole and become a lonely cat woman. Hopefully not.........
"Ella"
I hear at the corner of my ear
"Ella!"
I hear getting louder and louder
"ELLA!!!!!!"
"What, what!"
I said waking up. "I'm up! I'm up!"
"Your late" my mom said
I listen to the words coming out of her mouth to make sure she's not on pain killers again.
"Are you even listening to me!!! Your late for university! You were supposed to leave 3 hours ago, you slept a little longer than normal."
I had to process my anger and frustration for a minute,
"OMG! I'm late!"
I ran to the door, grabbed my bag and sprinted out the door, I stared my car and rolled out of the driveway.
After I was on the highway I realized,
I never got to say goodbye.