CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

also known as

FEELINGS ARE STUPID

ATHENA ADDAMS HAS always wanted to help people. She was considered a fixer. When she was younger, she would try to befriend the bullies at school, give them flowers and ignore the dirty looks they'd give her. She just wanted everyone to be nice.

Now, she was an adult, and fixing people wasn't a priority, that didn't stop her though.

The first date with Darren was, unique. He was very entitled and rude, not to mention how terrible his jokes were. But Athena thought she could fix him, that he would change his money fueled ways. So thats why she was sitting in front of the blonde, picking at her food.

"So then I said, why drive, when you can be driven?" Darren had a small smirk on his face. Athena had tuned out his words a while ago, deciding to push her food around like hockey.

She smiled slightly, watching as his smirk turned into a frown, "You okay sweetheart?"

"cheater!" Athena slammed her cards down, watching as Chandler Bing sent her a charming smile from across the table.

"whatever you say, sweetheart."

Athena shook her head quickly. Why was she thinking of Chandler? She was on a date with a perfectly fine guy. Did she just miss him? Yeah, that had to be it, she hadn't seen him all day.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. Just thirsty." She smiled and took a sip of her water.

__

Athena knocked on the purple door of Monica and Rachel's apartment, needing girls to vent to.

The door swung open and Phoebe Buffay stood on the other side, "Oh it's the goddess of wisdom!"

Athena grinned, "Hey Pheebs. Who's here?"

"Just the girls." Phoebe answered, "Why?"

"Great." Athena walked inside of the apartment and cleared her throat, "I don't think I like Darren." She could feel the heavy silence in the room, and she almost turned and walked out.

Rachel Green slammed down her magazine and whipped her head around, "Don't like Darren?" she stood up immediately.

Monica looked up from the stove, "What isn't there to like? He's hot!"

"And hot.." Rachel added, not thinking of much else.

"Really hot." Phoebe said. The three girls seemed to stare off into space thinking about Athena's date.

The curly haired girl rolled her eyes at her friends, "Yeah yeah, but he..he can't make me laugh. He doesn't give me the vomit feeling." She plopped on the couch, the girls following close.

"Vomit feeling?" Rachel asked, sitting next to her.

Athena nodded, "Yeah. Like in books when you feel like you're gonna be sick around them.", She explained as if everyone knew what her silly term meant.