Surprise encounters.

After Combat training the day before, Izuku finds himself in more and more situations where people are trying to socialize with him. It's a weird yet strangely welcomed feeling of normalcy.

Their second day of school runs smoothly enough. Aizawa tells them about a scheduled trip to a rescue training facility that afternoon. The class then proceeds with the task of electing a class president.

Izuku had completely forgotten that part of the whole school experience. He'd spent the last year of middle school too busy trying to catch up. Instead of actually participating in any class-related activities.

He's trying to shut out his classmate's rowdiness when he hears his name being called. Removing his head from its current position on the desk, he looks up to find Aizawa staring at him. The man, who apparently woke up while he was distracted, is gesturing for him to come up to the front of the class.

He does so without really realizing what it meant. However, as he gets closer to the board, he sees it. Right there, under the tally of most votes, is his name. Midoriya Izuku is written in bold, perfect letters, practically mocking him.

"There you go then. Midoriya will be the class president while Yaoyorozu will be the vice president. Class dismissed." Aizawa says with little enthusiasm despite the smirk Izuku knows he's hiding under his capture weapon.

The class cheers for them as they get back to their seats. Yaoyorozu having given a small speech about her gratitude.

Izuku, on the other hand, just wants to find the four people who voted for him and kill them. Maybe get them a psych test while he was at it. Because, who in their right mind, made him the class president?

He takes it anyway though. It's not like he's not used to responsibility.

It's later that morning that he finds out who were three of his four votes. They're sitting at one of the tables in the cafeteria when the three gather up the courage to actually tell him. He's currently picking at his lunch in thought when they speak up. Iida starts by congratulating him and offering his help since his vote put him in that position. Uraraka just assures him that she voted for him for a reason and that he should trust her.

It's Kirishima's vote, however, that makes him pause. He hasn't really interacted with the red-haired teen yet, other than small conversations and introductions. Nonetheless, the boy tells him that he's confident in his choice.  Each one of them reassuring him that he'll be a really good president.

Before he can actually get a word in though, the intruder alarm sounds through the cafeteria. The noise immediately results in an uproar of panic. The students push and shove each other towards the exit. So Izuku does the only thing he can think of.

He climbs on top of the cafeteria table and promptly screams at the crowd to just. STOP. Having garnered their attention, he calmly explains that it must be a misunderstanding and that they should just remain calm and collected. He makes sure to appear as neutral as possible.

It's then that he sees the crowd of reporters charging at UA's main building. The information serves to quell the student's fears. Everyone goes out the door calmly after that.

He hates the fact that he may have just about sealed his fate as class president. His mood souring for the rest of the school day.

_________________________________

After the whole fiasco this morning and later at lunch. He's more than ready to go to rescue training. His body yearns for something to do. For actions to take. Klein may have been right when he accused him of being a combat addict.