Chapter 3

Vanessa' s Pov

I was beaming with excitement as i walked through the lobby.It took while before i reached the reception area. I walked up to Cassandra and told her everything and I was not usually a open person. She seemed quite happy for me as I took my leave. Ok, now next on my agenda was to get all of my things sorted out. I stood at the bus stop for around five minutes until it appeared. I was relieved that I was finally going to my apartment. Getting off the bus I walked up the avenue that the apartment was on. Taking out the spare key my friend Shanique had given to me. I entered the house and saw her sitting on the couch with a huge smile plastered on her lips. She ran over to me and gave me a big hug. Sitting down we were catching up on things and asking a lot of questions.

"So tell me did you get the job?" , she asked.

"Yes, yes I did get the job and you wouldn't believe where", I said sounding so squeaky inside my head.

"Omg, no you didn't. You got the job at radiant. Yes, yes and don't you think young lady you're the only  one happy here", she said beaming.

" I know" , was all I said.

She finished her dancing spree as I sat there watching closely. I knew my friend and she was hiding something. I left it at that for now. See I told you I loved radiant.

"What do you want to eat,take-out or pizza?" , she said and she already knew the reply. So she just took her phone out and started dialing the pizza place. I sat there observing her and she was so different from me. I had long curly brown hair and she had red hair. I had green eyes, she had brown eyes and our style of dressing were to be put in a line for themselves. Being so lost in thought I didn't even see when she came back and sit on the couch. She nudge me in the shoulder a bit snapping me back to my senses. She pushed her dyed hair behind her ear and turned the television on. We waited  around five minutes until the door bell rang. She got up and went to the door and pay the delivery guy.

"Ready to eat, I'll go get two dishes", Shanique said.

" Sure, I'll go wash my hands", I replied.

We sat there eating and tension around wasn't as stifling as it used to be. We got up and washed up the small pile of dishes.

"Hey, I have something I want to tell you", she said instantly lighting up.

" yeah what is it? ", I said cause I knew something was up.

" I'm engaged, I can't believe it" , she said squealing. She showed me the ring and it was gorgeous.

"Really, oh my gosh thats so great. I'm so happy for you", I said jumping up and hugging her.Well that was unexpected.

" So who is it? ", I asked curious.

" Brandon, he's really cute and smart. He works at Campbell industries at the financing department. He's a manager", she replied.

"Ok, you must really love him", I said smirking.
She blushed furiously as she knew what I was talking about.
I yawned getting up and said goodnight and head to my quarters. Plopping down on the bed the orphanage gave me for a life starter, I slid under the covers and fell asleep.

Waking up, I rubbed my eyes and head to the bathroom. My hair was a mess. Try to imagine a bird's nest with hair pins. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. Then head off to the shower.
Getting out, I wrapped my towel around me and fixed my hair. I went out and went through my wardrobe to find something to wear as I was going to stay in today. Shanique should be at work by now. So i just went to watch television and remembered that i had mail. Getting up, I went outside  and opened the mailbox and saw a whole package there. It was heavy taking it out so I pulled it out. Finally lifting it up, I carried it inside and shut the door. I opened the package and saw seven uniforms inside. I placed them aside and reached in for the papers.

      Good evening Ms.chambers,
                            So sorry to inform you that you actually have to start work tomorrow at 7:00sharp.Please wear the uniform inside as I have guessed your size. We are also having two very important guest tomorrow as they are friends of mine and you'll be serving them alone as you're first test. Do not mess this up. Good luck!.

Wow this man has some nerve right now. What was I going to do?
     I'm miss slip and fall. Oh gosh what am I going to do?.

Authors note:
Ok ,so I couldn't keep myself from updating ,so I did and please remember if you see any grammatical errors please do tell me. Remember to wash your hands and keep safe. Please comment, vote and share. Thank you:)