Chapter 1

Vanessa's   Pov

              Finally, I was out of the orphanage for good as it was a week after my 18th birthday and and I'm legally responsible for my self. I said my good byes and promised I would visit soon. As I step outside into the real world I inhaled the fresh breeze as it made me feel so free. First on my agenda was to get a job as I was going to stay with a close friend from high school. Before my parents died I went to public school and I made friends that probably last a life time. Thanks to the orphanage they continued my educated and I worked really hard and I had a great GPA so finding a job will be less stressful on me.

               After going to various restaurants and cafes to only find out that they were full on employees. I continued to walk down the street that I'm on careful not to bump into anyone. I was exhausted by just walking and I started to feel peckish but hey no money. Just great I thought when I started to feel little droplets of rain on my hands. Without looking up I just ran into a building. It wasn't until the receptionist came into view that I took in my surroundings. It was huge. It has golden balisters all around it with white drapes in between. I was at loss for words as I looked up to see the golden chandeliers nearly placed to set the mood.After a few moments of me awkwardly checking out the area, the receptionist waved her hands in front of me.

      "Welcome to Radiant, how may I help you" , she said with a way to forced smile.

Radiant oh my god, I have heard about this place for years and I've always wanted to work here. This is like a chef's dream come true and this was my moment.

       "Yes, umm good evening my name is Vanessa Chambers and I was just wondering if this company was hiring anyone", I replied with desperation written all over it.

She pursed her lips but then told me to follow her. Where was she bringing me was a mystery and I got excited but didn't show it. I quickly fixed my brown hair nearly and brushed off my black pencil skirt and white frilled blouse. The receptionist then stopped in front of a big brown door and turned to me.

      "Good luck, you're going to need it",she stated.

      "Wait, what is you're name by the way", I asked.

       "My name is Cassandra williams, that so rude of me", she said then stretch to shake my hand.

      "Its ok, I'll talk to later then", I said.

What was I in for when I opened the door.  After knocking the big brown doors I heard someone say come in. Upon entering, the man turned his chair around to reveal his features. He was not intimidating at all but seem quite friendly. His hair was in a buzz cut style and his entire attire was navy blue. His jawline was slight fat and just by sitting down I could tell he was an average height man. His light blue eyes set on me as I entered the room.

       "May I help you young lady", he said in an expecting tone.

       " Good evening and yes I am here to apply for a job as a chef", I said with high hopes.

        "So do you have the necessary documents ma'am", he replied.

         "My name is Vanessa Chambers and yes I do have have them", I said.

He reached his hand out for the papers and I hand it to him. He then read it shaking his head in approval.

         "You got the job but first you'll have to be a waitress for two weeks so this way I can see how you operate with our customers" ,he said totally catching me off guard but I knew I didn't have a choice.

           "When do I start", I said a bit relieved.

            "Wow, you're eager aren't you", he said and not earning a reply.
             "I'm send you the details through email by tomorrow and you're uniforms will be at you're address also. Ms. Chambers my name is Mark Radiant", he said with a smile.

And with that I left with a good bye, sir.

Authors note:

I know this is not a long chapter but I'll make it up to you people. I update regularly and I don't work by schedule so this should go good sailing. I hoped you guys enjoyed the chapter and tell me what you think is going to happen. Enjoy your day.Keep safe and remember to wash your hands.;)
Lookoutdt