✨New Pair of Wings✨

" Starlight..? It's..near 3 in the morning, why are you up so early? ''

Twilight groaned whilst sitting up in her bed, she noticed Starlight had been staring at her through the crack of the door for..how long? The light purple mare continued to stare at her, or more so her wings. Her horn also emitted a light blue glow, was she holding something too..? None of these questions occurred to the princess, she was just confused and tired. Twilight got out of her bed, huffing, then turning and using her magic to make the sheets.

'' Listen, I don't have any friendship lessons at the moment, and if I did, it's way too early. '' The alicorn spoke again but with no reply. She did hear a puff of magic however from the doorway. Twilight turned around once done with the bed to see that the unicorn was no longer there.

'' Starlight? Huh..guess she left.. '' The mare spoke to herself, just as a sudden sharp pain stung through her back. However, the pain got even worse. Causing Twilight to yell out in pain, she staggered forward and whipped her head around to see what hit her. Something, or someone, then leaped at her. Before everything went black, Twilight saw Starlight's wicked, grinning smile, blood splattered across her face.

Was it regret she felt? Hate? Joy? She was going to get what she deserved, what she needed. Starlight was going to be like her, like them. Adored by all, loved, a princess. It was right, but felt..wrong? No, she deserved this. The soon to be alicorn began to saw away at those wings. While doing so, she pulled a sewing kit nearby, she would need this. Starlight got to work, something she'd use the knife, sometimes she would stab the poor princess in the back with her own horn, but needed to keep her alive just long enough for her little surprise. She continued to saw and sew. It hurt her a bit, yes, jabbing a thick needle into her back, but it was necessary. Everyone trusts a princess, so soon, everyone will trust her. Starlight decided to cast a spell, joining the bones in the wings with her own bones. This part hurt the most, but she stuck through it. Once Starlight finished, a weakened groan came from Twilight.

'' Ghh...S-..Star..light? '' The purple mare looked up, and to her horror and realization, saw that Starlight was the one who attacked her, and ripped her from her wings it seemed.

'' Hello, Pri- oops, I guess its isn't really 'Princess Twilight' anymore is it? ''

Starlight replied, spreading her new wings a bit.

'' Wh..h-..huh? '' Twilight managed to say, as Starlight stood up.

'' Don't worry, I, Princess Starlight, will carry on your legacy, and..I will be the last princess you ever see. '' She spoke softly, before swiftly stabbing Twilight's left eye with her horn. Twilight let out a scream, one last scream, before Starlight proceeded to rip her eye out, and causing her head to fall down. The new princess then stabbed her other eye out with her horn, blood streaming down.

'' Daw..don't cry Twilight, I'm here. '' Starlight wiped away the blood with her hoof, sitting back down beside the body. A knock suddenly came at the door.

'' Twilight? I heard some commotion in here, you alr-'' Spike's voice came as he opened up the door to the room, revealing the scene that had just unfolded. Starlight turned toward him, giving a slight grin as the blood dripped down.

Looks like she had her first duty as a princess, to show she was the new Princess of Friendship.