5- The Group

AN- Here's something gat actually has plot and not just intros :D

Tw-bullying mention, coming out

All that was almost a year ago. Since then, the four had been thicc as thieves, partners in crime, the three musketeers plus one- they always fought about who the plus one was, it was usually concluded that it was Sean since he was foreign- and, as the mean kids called them, the Deranged

Mark sipped on his second cup of coffee that morning as he and his friends sat in the booth together, trying to focus back in on what Nathan was excitedly explaining "-and we could go there and see if there are any ghosts or some shit like that!" He finished proudly as Mark stared at him blankly as Sean bit his nails nervously "i dunno... After what happened last time, my mom doesn't even want me hanging out with you anymore Nate..." He said softly.

He groaned and rolled his eyes "dude, just say you're spending the night at Mark's or some shit. She love's him!" He said softly, annoyed but trying not to make Sean any more anxious than he already was. "Okay, I'm in" he said with a small smile.

"Attaboy! Mark, Mat?"chuckled  with a grin Matthew shrugged "you said its in the forest? As long as it isn't too shady then sure" he hummed as he ate his toast. "Huh? Sorry, I zoned out" Mark said sheepishly.

Sean saw the others begin to become annoyed and waved them off "I'll explain, Mark, as a celebration of me moving here from Ireland and the end of highschool, Nate wants to take us to an abandoned shed on his grandpa's property and play ghost games and crap..." He chuckled softly, relaxing a bit more as everyone settled into the booth naturally.

Mark smiled "you guys know I'm always up for a challenge, lets do it" he said as he stretched. Nathan grinned "good! That means that we're all set. Now the planning starts" he said excitedly.

Mark groaned and Jack poked his cheek "dude, lighten up. You're just gonna talk us into getting the easy shit to take care of anyways" he rolled his eyes as the other two muttered in agreement. "Yeah, you'll end up getting soda duty and I'll have to get the ouija board or something." Mat snorted.

Nathan hummed as he started planning out tasks for everyone "okay, next weekend sound good to everyone?" He asked and they all nodded in agreement.

"Okay, here's the chore list" he smirked and sent it to their group chat.

Oh Heavenly Child changed his name to Nate

Nate: really guys? Anyways, here's the list.
     Mark: food and drinks, batteries, lawn chairs
     Mat: Candles, matches, hair dye (get colors from everyone)
     Sean: hair bleach, scissors, gloves
     Me: various spoopy games etc etc

The other three nod "okay, that should be easy" Mat nodded "what colors, guys?"

"Red" Mark said immediately followed by "green" from Sean and a thoughtful hum from Nate "i actually dunno... Lets go with blue." He smiled and nodded as Mat wrote all of it down.

They put their phones up and continued to eat, poking fun at each other playfully and joked about ghosts posessing them until they had gotten so loud that they were kicked out for disrupting everyone else in the diner. They just laughed as they left and went to the park to hang out.

Mat and Sean sprinted to the swings to see who could get the non-rusty one first and Mat got there first. Sean groaned "i'm telling ya! You're taller than the rest of us!" He exclaimed.

Mat scoffed "sure. Hey Nate! You got your uncle's tape measure with you still?" He asked as they got close. "Uh yeah, measuring heights, I hope?" He teased as he began to measure Sean and Mat's heights.

"Could you help me?" He asked Mark after taking his height as well. Mark hummed as he measured his height "five foot ten. Interesting"

"Why's that interesting?" Mat asked curiously, tilting his head in confusion. "Probably because Mat is taller" Sean shrugged, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his hand made tye dye positive mental attitude hoodie in greens and yellows.

"No no no, its interesting because Mark, Sean and I are all five foot ten and Mat is five foot eleven." (This is true info, I looked up their heights and I was so bummed when I got to Mat cause I thought they were all gonna be  five foot ten) He chuckled as he put the tape measure back onto the waistband of his ripped black skinny jeans, picking the faded print off of an old Metallica shirt.

"That is interesting" Mat nods and Sean nods quickly, he knew it! "Now lemme have that swing you tall freak!" Sean shouted good naturedly as he tackled Mat out of the swing and Nate stole it anyways.

"Look at us. Just some bros. Chillin'" Nate said and bit his lip. "I... I need to tell you guys something." Mark said softly and got everyone's attention "I... I think I'm gay" he swallows hard.

Nate shrugs, not caring cause he was openly bi anyways. "W-wait really?" Sean gasped, his cheeks tinting pink as Mark nods "me too!" He exclaims excitedly "well... Bisexual, homo-romantic" He giggled.

They all turn to Mat to see if he has anything to say and he laughs out loud "oh? You guys think just cause you aren't straight doesn't mean I'm not" he shook his head at the ridiculousness of them and the others laughed. He was really glad for friends like them.