Epilogue

"Oh! You took off the bandage!" Finn said, leaning over to look closer. 

  I touched the scar and sheepishly asked, "Is it obvious?"

  Cory fixed his glasses then said, "You look badass with that scar. Don't worry about it."

  "Exactly! The scar will be a remembrance of the day you saved me," Miriam exclaimed, hugging me from the side.

  I pulled away as I felt my chest warming. "Thanks everyone," I said. We were currently in the diner, eating lunch. It was a Saturday so Miriam had the idea of having an outing.

  "I heard Amy, Gerard and those involved with Jeremy were expelled from school," Finn recalled.

  I was surprised. I thought they will get suspension at most. "Jeremy's family moved to another state. His dad was embarrassed by the whole thing," I added.

  "Serves him right," Lucas interjected. We looked at him, a little bit surprised that he talked. "What?" he deadpanned.

  "Anyway, Lilian," James said, making me look at him. "It was genius of you to catch Jeremy in action rather than take videos and pictures of him talking about his plans," he praised.

  I laughed awkwardly. "Well, I gave the voice recordings and videos we took, along with Jeremy's camcorder, to the police. They should be compelling enough to charge Jeremy."

  "Geez, I wished you included us," Finn pouted. I chuckled than hugged her.

  "I was afraid that you'd get hurt. Besides, Lucas and James were quite reliable. Without them, I wouldn't have the pieces of evidence," I said, looking at Lucas and James with a smile. James returned my smile while Lucas smirked.

  I realized that I was slouching so I straightened my back and leaned my hands on the bench. However, my left hand touched something soft and realized it was Lucas' hand. Heart racing, I quickly retracted my hand but I couldn't move it.

  I looked down to see Lucas gripping my hand. I was bewildered and confused that I was blank for a while. I glanced up to see Lucas. I swore my heart stopped. 

  He's blushing. His face was a little scarlet. 

  What the heck!? Who knew Lucas was bashful? He was clearly embarrassed because he was covering his mouth with his scarf. Damn it, Lucas. How could you be so cute?

  I cleared my throat when my heart rate was normal again. I moved my left hand to lace our fingers together. I was shy to see his reaction so I looked away as I felt my face heating up. Thank God it was cold so it wouldn't be obvious I was blushing.

   Later, I mustered up my courage to turn my head to Lucas. He was facing forward but he noticed me staring at him so he faced me. I was a little surprised but when he smirked softly, I smiled shyly at him.

  I wasn't sure about Lucas' feelings but I was sure something changed between us. A good change. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself. When I heard my name being called, I opened my eyes again as if I was determined to venture on a new journey.

  "See you guys tomorrow!" Finn yelled before getting into her dad's car. We waved at her before walking from the diner. 

  While we were walking, I bumped into someone. When I turned around, it was a guy in his 20s with blond hair. Quite a looker, I must say. "I am so sorry. I didn't see you," I apologized. I couldn't place my finger on it but he looked familiar.

  The guy laughed. "It's alright. Also, it's nice to see that you are happier," he said, smiling. All of a sudden, memories rushed to my head.

*flashback*

  After cleaning my apartment, I walked to the coffee shop before going to the agency. I bought one for my agent, Brie as well. When I stepped out of the shop, I bumped into a man, nearly dropping the coffee carrier. I heard a thump and saw the man on the ground.

  "I apologize, miss," he said.

  "It's alright," I assured with a smile. "Let me help you up," I offered, reaching my hand out. He grabbed it and I pulled him up. Looking at him closely, he was quite handsome. 

  "Ah, I see you have some regrets," he noted, making me confused. "In return for helping me stand, I will give you this," he said, taking my palm facing up and putting a necklace on it.

  "I can't take this! It looks expensive," I exclaimed, pushing it to him.

  "It's actually priceless to me but it should be valuable to you. I trust you will care for it," he said before quickly moving away, blending in with the crowd. I wanted to chase after him but I was going to be late. I placed the necklace in my pocket and walked away

*flashback ends*

   "You're that guy!" I exclaimed but lowered my voice. "How do you look the same?" I whispered.

  "Secret," he said with a wink. "I gotta go. Keep the necklace safe, will ya?" he said before turning and walking into a corner.

  "Wait!" I yelled then ran after him but when I turned to the corner, there was nothing but brick wall a few feet away. I guessed my questions will be left unanswered. I sighed.

  "Lilian!" I heard Miriam yell. "What are you doing? You're gonna get left behind," she scolded once she reached me.

  "Sorry, I saw an adorable cat," I lied as I laughed. Miriam rolled her eyes jokingly then pulled my arm. 

  I saw my friends looking at me, waiting for me to arrive as the sun set for the night. It was a beautiful sight. I held the necklace then smiled as warmth filled my being. 

  I was glad to... just to be here actually. With Miriam. I promised to treasure my time with everyone.

  It's only once in a blue moon to restart the past after all.