chapter 3

"Honey, hurry up we gotta go!" My mom calls from downstairs.

"Coming, just a second." I answer.

I finally made sure everything was packed and ready and closed my door, I can't believe we're moving again, I thought as I am walking down the stairs.

"You ready?" My dad slightly smiles.

"Yeah, yeah I'm ready."

"Okay let's go." Mom says, putting everything in the trunk of the car and finally got in.

Dad and I did the same, and it was time to hit the road.

Few hours later-
"We're here." Dad sighs happily. We pulled up to this huge house, it was so beautiful, with a lot of green grass well trimmed neatly.

"You like it." Mom asks noticing how I am gazing at the house.

"Mom, yes of course, it's beautiful." I smiled at the house, then mom and dad turned to look at each other, happy as ever.

We went into the house and it was massive, there were so many rooms, I even had my own bathroom.

While I was unpacking in my new room someone knocked on the door and I yelled come in.

"Hi emma, my name is nicole and I am your maid from now on, anything you need, you come to me." Nicole says smiling.

"No."

"Excuse me, did I do something wrong." Nicole starts to panic.

"Oh god no, its just that, I don't like that you called yourself that, don't ever say that again, okay as long as your here, don't ever think that you're just working for us, you're family now, okay so don't call yourself that."

"But that's what I am." She said looking confused as ever.

"Not to me, not to us." I looked at her with a smile.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Thank you, you are so nice." She smiled and gave me a hug.

"Oh you don't have to thank me."

"So is it okay if I call you em?" Nicole asks.

"Yeah, if you want to." I smiled.

Then there's a knock at the door.

"I see you ladies are getting along." Mom says smiling at us.

"Uhm, excuse me, I'll be downstairs if you need me." Nicole smiles and quickly exit.

"I see you too are getting along."

"Yeah, we are."

"Trust me, she'll take good care of you, she is very kind and generous."

"How do you know that?"

"I met her before, okay so I'm gonna go, I'll be right back." Mom quickly exists the room.

"What just happened?" I whispered to myself.

The next morning-
Nicole came into my room with eggs and bacon on a plate and a orange juice at the side.

"Oh my god you didn't have to."

"Oh its my job and I want to." Nicole replied.

"Okay." I said and tried the food.

"Oh my god." I gasped.

"You like it?" She smiled.

"Are you kidding I love it, it taste so good."

"Thank you."

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked Nicole.

"Yeah, sure what is it?"

"Uhm, mom said you guys met before is it true, do you know her?"

"Uh, emma, i think you should speak to your mother about that." She laughed awkwardly.

"Nicole, remember when I told you, that you are family now?"

"Yeah." She replied.

"That means you can share anything with me, or tell me anything."

"Are you sure, I really don't want to get you in any trouble."

"I am asking you something I shouldn't be asking and you're worried about me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, your mother and I were working at this hotel when I was sixteen, I think she was sixteen at the time or so I don't remember, we became friends, best friends and then she met this guy."

"My father?"

"No, it was someone else, he was filthy rich, like he could buy all the hotels in the city, she quit her job and went off with him, before she left with him, she said she would always visit me, call me, help me with my finances cause she knew I was broke at the time, but she didn't, I called and called and called her but she never picked up, sometimes I thought that she was busy."

"Oh my god." I gasped tear falling from my eyes.

"No, don't, don't cry please." She said.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I was only working here because I kinda needed the money, you know, my husband is also working and I'm kinda doing this job for my son, He's going to college and his father and I are doing the best we can for him, I saw in the newspaper they we're looking for a maid and I saw that this money could help us save up for our son big time, I never knew it was your mother who currently owns this house otherwise I wouldn't have came here, but then I met you, I was rethinking working here and now I wanna stay."

"What, you wanna stay after what she did to you?" I asked and suddenly there's a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

"Hi uhm what's going on?" Mom asked awkwardly looking at nicole then she looked at me.

"We need to talk." I said to both of them.