Part 3

WARNING!!!!: This chapter has mention of suicide and self harm in the second half (it will say it when it starts). If you are sensitive about that type of stuff, I suggest to skip it.

Elizabeth gasps as she walks into the kitchen.

People: Surprise!

With all that has been happening between school, the coronavirus, and her leg, Elizabeth forgot today was her 18th birthday.

She scans the faces and sees Zach, Jack, Corbyn, Jonah, Daniel, Zach's family, Ashley, Leah, her parents, and her brother Shawn.

She gasps and runs to her brother and hugs him.

Shawn: I missed you too, Ellie. 

They both laugh and then they pull apart.

Elizabeth: How did you- what are you-

Shawn: I couldn't miss my little sister's 18th birthday so I got the day off to see you.

Elizabeth is so shocked. Her brother serves in the military and got stationed in Germany 4 years ago.

She turns and faces her mom, Kimberley, and her dad, Mark, who are both crying. They still live in her hometown in Massachusetts and hasn't seen them since she moved to L.A. 2 years ago.

Elizabeth: How did you guys get here?

She raps her arms around the two of them. 

Kimberley: Zach bought us tickets to fly out here to see you.

Elizabeth looks at Zach and he smiles.

Zach: Happy birthday, Elizabeth.

He walks over and kisses. Reese cringes and Elizabeth giggles.

~~~~~~~ A few hours pass by ~~~~~~~~~

Everyone has left except for Zach, Daniel, Jonah, and Shawn. Elizabeth pulls out her phone and checks the time.

3:24 A.M.

Elizabeth: Hey guys it's getting late I'm going to head to bed now.

She walks over to Shawn and hugs him.

Elizabeth: I'm going to miss you so much.

Shawn: I'm going to miss you too. As much as I don't want to leave I have to.

Elizabeth: I know you do. You're saving lives and I wish I could save lives too.

Shawn: You have saved many. You saved me from committing suicide when we were little and because of that, many other peoples lives have been saved.

Elizabeth never thought about it that way. 

THIS IS THE START OF THE SUICIDE PART

When she was 10, Shawn tried hanging himself. Elizabeth walked into his room to see him by his desk, a rope around his neck, hanging from the ceiling, and a tipped over chair beneath him.

She grabbed a pair of scissors from his table and cut the rope. She dragged him towards the middle of the room away from the desk and chair.

She yelled to her parent while taking the rope off of his neck. She started pushing up and down on his chest .

Her parents ran into the room and saw what was happening. Her dad ran and called 911 while her mom took Elizabeth's place and Elizabeth went to his desk to see a note he had written.

It said:

Hi mom, dad, Ellie,

I'm sorry you had to see it end like this. I was sick and tired of people I cared about getting hurt, so I thought if I wasn't around anymore people would stop getting hurt. I'm sick and tired of people saying I'm fat, worthless, ugly, annoying, a living bad luck charm, and that I have no point of living because I won't accomplish anything in life. They're right. Just know I love you all so much and I'm sorry it had to be this way.

-xoxo Shawn

Kimberley: He's breathing again!!!!

Elizabeth looks and he's laying in his mom's lap coughing and breathing heavily.

END OF SUICIDE STUFF

Elizabeth looks at Shawn.

Elizabeth: Please, not remind me again.

Shawn nods and she heads to her room.

~~~~~~~~~ Author's note~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry this is so emotional and I'm sorry if you got offended by this in any way, shape, or form.

This one I wrote from experience, not a brother, a friend. I didn't find her in time.

R.I.P. Vivian I miss you each and every day.