𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡

[ viii

[ viii. the one with the tiki death punch ]

october 20th, 1994

☕☕☕

SABRINA MUNOZ WAS QUIET and content in the Central Perk coffeehouse as she lazily read through a magazine that detailed the powerful and beautiful progressions of an often-catastrophic nature.  Her dark, warm eyes were now glued to glossy pages of oceanic waves as they rushed inwards and outwards beyond the grasps of a lush island.  Sabrina had never heard of the island the magazine wrote of before but was now eagerly dying to visit its surrounding oceans. 

For as long as Sabrina could remember, she had always been obsessed with the ocean and its diving depths of drowning mysteries.  Oddly enough, despite living on both coasts of the United States throughout her twenty-four years of life, Sabrina had yet to actually stand on a beach or even see the ocean.  While it was a distant dream, Sabrina Munoz desired more than anything to watch a blinding sunset on a raging sea in her lifetime.  She wished for just a single moment in the world where she could be alone and where she could be at peace; where she could dig her bare toes into the cold, soft sand and breathe in the salty warmth that was the dying sky and the awakening sea meeting on a faraway, melting horizon.

"How does she do that?"

At the sound of Monica Geller's distinct, questioning voice, Sabrina abruptly lifted her eyes from the delicate magazine and looked over to where her friend sat in an opposing armchair.  To Sabrina's surprise, the question was not being directed at her.  Monica and Ross were instead looking at Phoebe's sleeping figure on the center couch as they softly conversed.

"I cannot sleep in a public place," Ross said quietly.  "Libraries, airplanes, movie theaters . . . none of it."

Sabrina let own her eyes drift from Monica and Ross, and then over to Phoebe Buffay's calm, stilled face.  The slumbering girl was completely oblivious to the Geller siblings as they leaned in closer to investigate, both enthralled by her unbroken peace.  The longer she stared, the more Sabrina realized she was a bit taken away herself; with her golden blonde hair and her painted soft lips, Phoebe looked like Sleeping Beauty.

Sabrina could only ever hope she looked as peaceful and pretty in her own sleep as Phoebe did right then.  Upon realizing that she likely did not appear as attractive as she wished to, the Munoz girl's lips tilted downwards, and she tossed her magazine back onto the coffee table.  "I wish I could take a nap right now," She grumbled.

"Would you look at her?" Monica sighed, practically hovering over the sleeping blonde.  "She is so peaceful."

Suddenly, Phoebe startled in her slumber and abruptly awoke; her bright eyes snapping open and sending Ross and Monica reeling back into their seats in alarm.  "What?!  What's going on?" Phoebe demanded breathlessly, struggling to regain her bearings in her grogginess.