CHAPTER 5

It was a Friday night and there was a Jazz event being held at one of the bars in the City. I was a major jazz enthusiast as it always helped me to think of the ways I could improve my designs and boosted my creative levels. It was calming music, it always made me feel more focused in everything I was doing. I also hoped that I would meet some new people there and make some friends here since I had left all of my friends in Mandy. I was excited to finally go see a real live jazz band considering in Mandy, live jazz bands were not a huge thing and most of the bars and clubs just had DJs and mostly dancing with sticky floors from so many people spilling their drinks.

I fixed my hair and make up that night and I could see from the reflection in the mirror that it was different from the girl who was new to Ida City. The first day I had bags under my eyes from barely getting any sleep and my skin was dangerously pale. I could feel like my skin was getting clear by the day. That night was going to be a different type of night for me since it would be my first night when I did not have work the next day. I would go see a real live jazz band and maybe I would make some new designs.

Upon reaching the bar Phrases it was different from the bar we had back at our town. It had a warm atmosphere of people, there were more seats and the floors were not sticky which I could personally say that it was a relief. Even the dim lighting was enough to make me float around. The jazz band was already playing the melodious music that hit my ears in the best way possible and I felt like I was in heaven. This was peace, something about listening to music from your phone and listening to live music hit differently. I headed for the bar since it had the best lighting and decided to get a mocktail. Knowing myself, I was a lightweight so I wasn't going to risk getting drunk in the middle of this club and risk embarrassing myself. Plus not having a group of people around me who would care for me was not the best idea to start drinking.

I removed the sketchpad and started drawing as I sipped on my mocktail and enjoyed the music. It was extremely lonely without friends but I thought it was just my first week and in no time I would have people to hang with.

"Fancy seeing you here." I knew that voice anywhere it was Taptikils.

"I have not seen you for the whole week," I said, turning around.

I was not sure if it was the light hitting him at the right angle but it felt like he was sparkling. His face looked bright and happy and I could not help but notice that now he was wearing a simple leather jacket with a white shirt and simple jeans. He looked good and I felt a smile forming on my face. It was just his whole presence enveloped me in a different space. He embodied a fairytale it was like having a fully dressed bachelor delivered at your doorsteps without fighting for him with other girls.

"Oh, you were looking for me." He asked.

"I might have been curious about your whereabouts," I said

"So you were looking for me," he said now taking a seat next to me.

"Yeah I assumed the person who I have been seeing every day, was weird that he would suddenly disappear for the rest of the week and suddenly reappear," I said

After some time we continued talking with each other and I grew to love his company every single second. It was kinda disappointing that I wasn't able to meet some new people here but at the same time, it was reassuring that I met someone I already met and liked. He completely distracted me from my designs but it was fine. I already had enough and I had the whole weekend to work on some new ones. After some time I noticed that the live band had already finished performing and that made me realize that we had been there for a long time.

"I have to go," I told him

"Are sure you can find an uber at this time?"He asked

I looked at the clock and it was only 1 am unless he was implying that ubers do not pick up people here this late which was kind of absurd.