|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6|

|6|

"Now, I have a few questions of my own."

You blinked in confusion at the man across from you. A small smile came to your face as you began to chuckle at him. You covered your face with your hand, your dry humor causing you to find his statement a little too humorous. Overhaul didn't understand what you found so funny. You chuckled once more as you brought your hand down. Tilting your head to the side, you narrowed your eyes slightly at him.

"What makes you think you can ask me anything right now?" You propped one of your legs up so you could place your hands over your knee. Then you rested your head on your hands, waiting for an answer. Overhaul didn't appear to be taken aback by your words, however, you knew you were walking on thin ice. It would probably be best to just answer what he had to ask without any complaints. Yet, you were just too stubborn.

"You have quite the attitude for someone whose life is in my very hands. You don't have to answer, however, it would make the process much easier if you complied. You see, we predicted you would wake in a few hours so your sudden appearance in the hall was quite the shock. So all of this right now, this is taking time out of my own schedule."  You glared at his hidden threat. He was basically telling you that if you were going to be difficult he would simply kill you. You were about to give a snarky reply when the sound of your stomach grumbling cut you off. You were sure it was loud enough for everyone in the room to hear and you caved in on yourself slightly embarrassed. Overhaul tilted his head to the side, obviously aware of your hunger.

"I see, you must be hungry. How about I make a proposition? You answer the questions I ask and I'll bring you something to eat once we're done?" If he thought he could win you over with the offer of food he was absolutely right. You were practically starving right now so you would at least look like you would comply. You crossed your arms but ultimately nodded your head and agreed to his terms. Overhaul clapped his hands together and rubbed them together as he let out a slightly joyful sound.

"Wonderful. Now if you don't mind I'm going to start. You live alone, correct?" You stared blankly at him, not liking the fact that he knew about your personal life. After a moment and an inquisitive raised eyebrow from the man across from you, you nodded your head in response. There was really no need for you to do so, it seemed he already knew the answer.

"I see. And I'm guessing you don't have any relatives nearby..." It wasn't even a question, you knew he already knew the answer. He was just toying with you at the moment, and you didn't want to admit that it was working. You let out a huff of air, your nostrils slightly flaring as you glared at him.

"Unless you count the States as nearby then no." You said more than needed but you got your message across; there was no way he could hurt any of your family. Your mother was out of their reach. They had nothing to hold against you.

"Hmm is that so? Well, that probably explains why you live in a relatively small apartment. And you work at that small cafe down the street?" You narrowed your eyes at the man with a sneer on your face. You didn't even dare react to his comment about your living space, not needing a criminal to condescend you on your money problems. 'If he knew so much about me what was the point of asking questions?' You were getting irritated by this, it was as if he was purposefully trying to irritate you.

"It seems you know enough about me already. I'm not surprised considering the fact you have been spying on me! If you don't mind, can you skip all this nonsense and just let me eat?" You were aware you were walking a fine line right now, a very fine line. Yet, you just couldn't let yourself get worked up over because of a man that wears a bird mask. Even you had morals. Overhaul narrowed his eyes at you as well. He wasn't liking the attitude, in fact, he was trying to be kind by leading with some less important questions. And here you were with an attitude, you were definitely going to be difficult.