Chapter 1

Maaga akong nagbihis para puntahan ang bestfriend kong si Julie sa sa Quezon City. We need to patch up our barkada's schedule for the upcoming baby shower of Julie. Truth be told, I envy Julie. She has a loving husband, now they conceived their love child. I am so excited to see the baby anyway, I even volunteered as the baby's godmother. I'm wearing a pastel blue body hugging dress that is above the knee and I wear my killer heals. I walk downstairs and I heard my mom and Mona laughing. I found them in the kitchen baking with Summer. I greeted my mom and Mona.

"Good morning mom, Mona!" Then I went to the refrigerator to get fresh milk.

"Morning mama." I heard Summer greeted me before she went to the bathroom, but I do not bother to look. I'm used in ignoring Summer for almost 4 years. I just can't handle getting near her. She reminds me of all the unjust in this world. I know that my mom gave me a warning look but I choose to ignore it. Instead, I took out my phone and texted Julie. I glanced at my mom who is now pissed off at me. I smiled at her.

"Mom, I'll be in QC the whole day. I'll be arranging Julie's baby shower." Mona glanced at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Ate, it is Summer's birthday today. You aren't supposed to be there the whole day." I looked at her with disgust.

"Her birthday has nothing to do with me Mona, she can celebrate it without me." I can sense the annoyance in Mona's stares but I do not care. As long as it involves about the child, I don't care.

"Happy birthday my baby Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I looked at the owner of the voice and I saw Hash with his wife behind him and my very cute niece. I ran towards Aaliyah, my niece and carried her. That was the time when Summer went out from the bathroom. Sadness covered her eyes when she saw me carrying Aaliyah, coz she knows I never touch her since she was born. She grew up in the care of my mom and she is cherished by Mona and my brother. All my friends loved Summer, except me. I do not know what spell she got that everybody loves her.

My brother run towards Summer and lift her up in the air and showered her with kisses.

"That's for my favorite niece! Happy birthday to the first baby in the family!" I saw how happy Summer is and it suffocates me.

"Thank you Dada Hash!" and she gave him a kiss. Hash looked up to me and smiled.

"Oh.. I thought we are having lunch? Why are you early to get dressed?" He asked me with a confused expression.

"I'll be in QC the whole day, I'll be arranging Julie's baby shower and I'm also waiting for the call of the company that I applied for yesterday." Aaliyah yawned ang reached up for her mother so I gave her to my sister in law.

Hash grabbed my arm until we are in the pool area.

"Let me go Kuya! What's wrong with you?" He let go of my hand and faced me.

"No Ivana! What is wrong with you? It is your daughter's birthday and you are leaving??" His voice is so loud. His stares are so heavy so I gave him the same amount of stares.

"Why are you so concern to her? Can you all please give me a break?" I shouted at him.

"Break? Your break was over Ivana. It's been what??? four years?! You are ignoring your daughter for four years!" He gritted his teeth and ran his finger on his hair. He is so angry right now.

They are like this everyday. It's like they are forcing me to like something that I loathe so much.

"Di niyo kasi naiintindihan ang nararamdaman ko kuya." I answered him with a low voice.

"Pilit ka naming iniintindi Ivana, pero sobrang tagal ka nang ganito. Ang tigas ng ulo mo." He is calmer now. He took a deep breath.

"Wag mo sanang pagsisihan lahat ng ginagawa mo ngayon Ivana."

Then he left me.

I did not bother to go back to the kitchen again. Wala talaga sa plano ko ang magcelebrate ng birthday ng batang iyon. I grabbed my car keys and went straight to the garage. Before I started the engine, I received a call.

"Good morning, Ivana speaking."

"Good morning Ms. Alawi, this is Ms. Reina from Rockwell Group of Companies, you are hired Ms. Alawi. We are expecting you this Monday."

I am so happy with the news that was delivered to me.

"Thank you Mam!" I answered her gleefully.

"You are welcome Ms. Alawi, we will be sending you the document that you needed, and one more thing, you are the CEO's new secretary?"

I am shocked with what she said.

"O..kayyy mam." I heard her chuckled in the other line.

"Seems like you are surprised Ms. Alawi, don't worry, we were too. Good day!"  Then she hanged up.

What's with the sudden change? I thought I was applying as the secretary of the COO? Well, I am hoping for the better.

After tgat call, I hurriedly went to the coffee shop to meet Julie. She texted that she will be late so I ordered my usual cup of coffee, Caramel Macchiato and Blueberry cheesecake.

I was getting my Starbucks card when a familiar voice captured my attention. I looked up and saw Mr. Lunio staring at me. I smiled at him.

"Mr. Lunio, good morning."

He greeted me back.

"Good morning Ms. Alawi."

After our greetings, I went in the table near the door the cofee shop. I was browsing in my phone when someone stop near my table. I looked up and saw Mr. Lunio.

"Can I share the table with you?" He smiled. I'm bit hesitant if I will allow.him.  But there is no harm, I guess?

"Sure sir. " Then I motioned him to sit down. I noticed that he ordered a frappe.

"Frappe? Isn't it to early for cold beverages?" He seem amused with what I said and I saw him chuckled.

"Not really, I had my cofee at 4 am because I hit the gym earlier."

"ohhhh."  I tried to hide my embarassment. So I diverted the topic.

"Thanks for accepting me as secretary sir." He smiled.

"You deserved it. Drop the formality please, we are outside the office, calll me Rhem." He wiggled his eyebrows then I smiled.

"Sure Rhem. Call me Ivana, just Ivana, not Ms. Alawi."

"I surely will." He was about to say something when his phone rang. He answered the call.

"Please excuse me for a minute." The he walked outside the coffee shop.

After 5 minutes he went back to our table.

"I better get going Ivana, it's an emergency at home. See you on Monday."

I nodded at him.

"Okay Rhem! See you, keep safe." I saw him smiled genuinely.

"I will."

Then ge stormed out of the coffee shop.