To Turn a Page

~Xander Belmont~
Remembrance: IV
April 10, 2015

    Peirson’s touches were more aggressive this time. He grew out his nails, which led me to do the same. As I laid in his bed, I found a gray strand of hair fall in front of me. The graying didn’t freak me out, but how much it continued to fall out. Peirson laid next to me with one knee up and scrolled down his Tumblr feed. “It’s Friday and no one’s posting.”

He turned over to his side and held my face to his. “Your hair’s fine, Xander.”

    “It’s graying.”

    “I like gray hair.”

He grabbed my chin and brought my lips to his again. I didn’t feel his clawing into my hand or his legs trapping me in place. “Just do anything.”

    “Do you care?” he nibbled at my ear.

In no less than five minutes, I sold my used soul to a devilish serpent. It’s scales glimmered in a colorful luminescence while it bathed in knight’s blood. A sardonic snake had decided to slither past my barriers to somehow convince me into being bitten.

Somehow, someway, I pushed through it. Closed my eyes. Pretend nothing ever happened. I sped-walked downstairs with the ceramic plate I ate dinner off of that Mrs. Ralston prepared. I didn’t get to finish it: the ribs and peas. Peirson didn’t eat the ribs, though, because only now did I learn he was a vegan. A vegan vegan. He only drank a kale smoothie with vegan sausage. I set my plate in the sink when Mrs. Ralston raised an eyebrow. “Did you see a scary movie?”

    “No… Just too much coffee,” I said. “I should stop drinking so much of it.”

    “Right. Caffeine makes you shake a lot. That other sweet boy was exhausted from it.”

    “Did he eat dinner?”

    “I couldn’t tell you; I was in the shower.”

Helix pushed his pet Starboy out the living room and into the kitchen, his soles squeaking against the newly mopped granite tiles. While pushing him, he held out a bowl of potato chips the two shared. His face wasn’t as gloomy, which did its job at hiding the bruise under his nose. I rushed over to him. “What happened to your nose?”

    “The car door knocked me in the nose,” he touched his bruise. “It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

    “Can I talk to you?”

    “Sure thing.”

I took his hand covered in salt and led him towards the back door. It was covered with red, vertical blinds and a curtain. I noticed how weightless Starboy was when being guided by someone else. I quickly pushed open the door and closed it behind us. He stared at his feet.

He doesn’t like flowers, I cleaned the mist off my glasses with my sleeve. Is it too damp outside? Does he think I’m cornering him?

    “Xander?” Starboy tapped my shoulder. “What were you looking at?”

    “Nothing… Nevermind,” I said. “I forgot what I was going to say.”

    “I’m fine, by the way, if that’s what you're asking.”

    “R-Right. That’s the issue. I wanted you to tell me what was wrong but you won’t say anything to me, but I guess it’s none of my business.”

What was it? Castor? Well, Castor held a pen in front of my face. “You like? It’s one of those sexy student council pens! Do I look smart now?”

    “Einstein. You seem more talkative, now.”

    “Well, we don’t know each other that well, so it’s like starting over.”