Ch 1. How we fall

WARNING: this first chapter has mentions of alcoholism (just putting a warning here just in case, it's not actually that bad)
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto, Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. I only own the Original Character and any images of the original character I may draw.
______________________________________

The sun rose to peak above the trees in the Village Hidden in the Leaves, basking the land in its warm light. In an apartment near the village walls, a young boy awoke to the suns light shining in his face. He blinked the sleep from his eyes as he got up from his bed and towards the neatly folded clothes laying on his bedside table. He smiled down at the cloth, proud that he was able to do enough chores to finally buy his own clothes. They were simple, a mesh long sleeve, black shirt with half sleeves just the way he liked them, and black pants that finally didn't have any holes in them. Perhaps they were bland to some, but he liked them all the same.

He put on his clothes before leaving his room, checking on his mother who was still asleep in bed. The room smelt of alcohol and the boy sighed, knowing his mother was trying to quit her drinking habits. He made his way to the kitchen and opened the fridge, taking out enough ingredients to make breakfast. Eggs and bacon were easy to cook, and he didn't have enough time to make anything bigger. It was a school day after all. He sat down with a plate of breakfast just as his mother walked into the room.

"Mornin' Mirou" she said sleepily, giving him a kiss on the forehead as she walked by. The boy, Mirou, gave a hum in response and ate another fork full of eggs. Mirou's mother sat down across from her son with her own plate, a smile dawning her face as she took notice of her son's new clothes.

"It looks good on you," she stated.

Mirou beamed at the compliment.
"You think so?"

"Of course. You look just like your father."

Mirou felt his ears turn red. He never knew his father, and his mother never told him his name. But whenever she talked about him it always made Mirou feel proud to be his son. He asked his mother once about him but all she said was "I can't tell you right now sunshine, maybe later."

Finishing his breakfast, he quickly put away his dishes before brushing his teeth and tying his long raven hair into a ponytail. As he was about to leave the house he was stopped by his mother's hand on his shoulder.

"Your ponytail is uneven. Here, let me fix it."

Mirou rolled his eyes but complied, knowing his mother's tactics to make his stay as long as possible.

"Mooom, I'm not a little kid. I can do my own hair now," he complained. However he found a smile crawling it's way onto his face. His mother chuckled lightly.

"I know I know, but you're growing up so fast! It feels like it was just yesterday you were a little baby," she replied, finishing with his hair. He put on his shoes and made his way out the door, responding to his mother's "I love you, have a good day at school," with a wave. Turning the corner of his complex to make his way down the stairs, Mirou almost collided with his neighbor Ezume who was holding a large potted plant.

"Oh Mirou! I was hoping I would run into you. Thank you for taking care of my plants over the weekend, they look better than ever," she beamed. Mirou smiled back with an embarrassed blush.

"I-It was no problem, I'd be happy to do it again" he stammered. The older woman waved her one free hand in a discarding motion.

"Oh nonsense. Take this for your troubles." She handed him an apple from her bag. Mirou bowed before taking off to school.