Chapter 13

I have changed his name to Arnav Singh.
So from now he will be Dr Singh from now.

Roshini18 guessed four languages correctly. tiwnklemj and Vithuvithya all of you will have a small reward for sure 😊 I will notify that later.

******************

1948

Professor Munroe took the medicine he created and injected it into a lab rat. Within a few minutes, the lab rat started to make sounds and wriggled in the cage. Soon it died after showing a positive result. 

"Overdose!!" Munroe said and injected a small dose to another rat who survived the ordeal. He noted the composition of the medicine and made a fresh dose.

Four year old Arnav is lying in a cage looking at the monkey in the cage next to him. Even though he is four year, he looked that of a eight year old boy. He got startled hearing sound of the professor.

"Ohh my little boy, see what I have got for you." Professor said showing the medicine in his hand.

"It will make you strong." He said opening the medium sided cage and pulled the weak Arnav out of the cage. He came out of the cage holding the hand of the professor. He is little drowsy from the sedative  given by the professor. Munroe placed him on the steel table and cuffed his limbs and body to it. He took an injection and injected a small dose of medicine he founded.

Soon Arnav started to wriggle out of the pain. He don't know what's happening to him, it's like his whole body is set on fire. With a loud scream, he shifted into his vampire form for the first time.

Present

"Ahhhh…" Arnav screamed and woke up on his bed. He looked around and understood that he is in his room. Soon he saw her entering his room.

"Are you okay Arnavji?" Khushi asked him.

"Yeah, it's just a nightmare. I'm okay Khushi." 

"Hmm, I will bring you a glass of water." Saying this she went to the dining table and poured a glad sof water for him. Arnav sat there placing his hand on his head. From the time Khushi came to live with him, he never get those nightmares.

'It must be because of that film we watched together.' He remember the sci-fic movie scenes where some lab experiments were shown. He don't want to watch that but at that time all he cared was Khushi who leaned onto his shoulder while watching the film. He didn't move from her because of his greediness to be close to her.

Khushi came back and made him drink the water.

"Are you okay Arnavji?"

"Yes, I'm good."

"What happened today? I have never heard you screaming like this due to nightmare. Does it happens often?" She questioned out of concern.

"I used to get such nightmares but not after you came to live with me."

"You look like bit shaken. Can I do something for you?" She asked him and he couldn't stop himself from asking one thing that came to his mind then.

"Will you sleep with me?" He asked making her startled. For a moment Khushi stood there not understanding what to answer.

"No...I mean just sleeping nothing else. Forget about it. It just came like that. You should go and sleep Khushi." He cover up the folly and she nodded her head before going to her room.