Chapter 11 "Melted Eraser"

I had to look up the difference between breath and breathe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Horror's POV-

Nightmare told me to bake a cake. Dream came in and helped when Nightmare left. When the cake was cooling, Dream went looking for Nightmare but then came back after being rejected. He and I then ate all of the extra frosting until Cross came in.

"What the HECK!?" The fluffy oreo that we all love had just come in. Dream and I shrugged as we finished all seven of the extra cans of frosting. "I was saving this for later..." He pouted, picking up an empty can of chocolate icing. Dream looked down with a guilty look on his face but I just laughed. Cross shot me an icy glare that shut me up.

"Oreo, chill out. There are probably stores set up already. We just need to find one that sells kitchen stuff," I told him reassuringly. He sighed.

"That may be true but we didn't bring any money..."

"And? Error stocked this ship with a bunch of food, he probably stored money in here too. You know how carefully he prepares," It was a statement that would later turn out to be somewhat true.

"Um, did Error know this would happen?" Dream piped up, wiping some frosting off of his face. Cross and I froze and looked at each other; it was an unspoken rule that no one was to find out about how Error prepared in advance.

"He had a feeling and trusted his gut. Turns out that he made the right choice," Cross laughed and I joined in, hiding my unease.

"It's a good thing too," I informed the short, golden skeleton, "otherwise we wouldn't be here eating frosting." Dream now seemed convinced that Error hadn't actually known about what would happen which gave me so much relief.

"I've heard of monsters being able to see bits of the future so maybe he felt something similar to that," He was definitely convinced that Error hadn't known.

"Why don't you go find Ink or something; he's your pal, right?" Cross suggested, surprising Dream. He nodded and stood up with an energy he hadn't had before. A moment ago, Dream looked like he was uncomfortable, kind of scared, and didn't want to be there but now he practically was radiating with positive vibes. Don't get me wrong, it feels good to be happy but we were so used to being around Captain Goopybeard and his gloominess that it was like being blinded by a bright sun except it was all emotional. It was sort of like when we all made the mistake of trying drugs.

"Mr. Sunshine, your positive vibes are like a drug and we don't do drugs here," Dream's face was priceless when I said that. He quickly left as Cross was drying of laughter on the floor. He tried to say something but couldn't even catch his breath. I draped Dream's apron over him and started to ice the cake with the last of the chocolate icing we had saved for it.

-Writer Chan's POV- (the narrator, in case you don't remember because I certainly forgot)

Everyone on the ship was getting along splendidly except for Nightmare because he's an antisocial octopus. Dream was looking for Ink, Horror was icing the cake, Blue and Error were still chatting, and Cross was trying to melt an eraser in the microwave.

"CROSS!" Horror had been tied to a chair by Cross who was currently trying to melt an eraser in the microwave.

"It's for science," Cross whined as he recorded the eraser. It started to melt and Cross squealed. Unfortunately for Cross, Nightmare walked in and was still covered in cheerios. When he saw what was happening, he smacked Cross and untied Horror.

"What is going on here?" The air turned cold when Nightmare asked that. No one answered. "Both of you, clean up," His tentacles twitched, irritated.

"Yes Nightmare," Both boys said in an obedient tone. Horror got a wet washcloth while Cross grabbed the soap.

Nightmare turned and left, mumbling, "stupid idiots..."

-With Blue and Error- (because they're both my favorite characters)

"wEll ThAt wENt BEttEr thaN i tHoUghT iT wOulD," Error chuckled. Blue had crawled out from under Error's bed and had seated himself back in the chair. He nodded in agreement. If they weren't in such a small, confined space then he was sure Ink and Dream would have attacked Error.

"So what's been going on? How exactly did you know this would happen?" Blue was full of questions for Error but managed to contain them as to not overwhelm his friend.

"nOt mUCh hAs BeEN rEaLLy. aS foR HoW i knEW, i SaW tHE cOdeS chAngInG sO i PrePareD fOR iT. I cAMe aNd gOT tHe GaNg WheN I feLt tHe MulTivErSe sTArt To cHaNGe," Error didn't mention his conversation with Fate nor did he mention the quiet voice he heard during that conversation. He didn't think it was worth mentioning.

"Is there still a balance?" Blue asked the question that Error was waiting for him to ask.

"nO, NoT aNYmoRe," Blue smiled. He was so glad that his friend was free from his job as the destroyer that he was slightly vibrating. Error patted his head, feeling genuinely happy for the first time in a long time. They sat and talked for a long time after that.

-With Ink-

Ink was in the room he and Dream had been locked in. He sat down in a chair, still wondering what was so different about the destroyer. He debated with himself whether or not he should drink his vials but decided not to. Emotions would just get in the way of his thinking.

Why? Why did you look so at peace? Why were you not upset that you can't destroy anymore?

Ink's thoughts swirled around in his head. One question would lead to another until finally, he felt nauseous from all of them. He swallowed, unsure of what to do. He could go ask Error but he doubted Error would answer any of his questions. He could also try and figure everything out on his own but he didn't even know where to start.

He sat there for a good while, trying to think of ways to answer his questions.

"Ink?" A voice at the door dragged his back to reality. He lifted his head to see Dream poke his head in the doorway. "I thought you might be in here. Are you alright?" Dream's concern stunned the artist.

"Yeah, I just... need a moment," Ink whispered just loud enough for Dream to hear. The positive skeleton nodded in understanding before shutting the door and walking away. Ink sighed and took a few vials out. He didn't want anyone to know that he was SOULless even though Error knew already. He took a sip from each vial of paint to give himself emotions. Just a sip was enough to last a few hours. Ink still remembered the first time he had drank his vials. At the time, he didn't know how much he should drink so he drank almost the entire thing. It was still near the beginning and there weren't many AUs yet so he didn't cause as much chaos as he would if he had done the same days before the Multiverse changed.

As soon as Ink had taken the first sip, he felt as if his world was more vibrant. All thoughts and questions about Error had left his mind. They had retreated for now but would return when the emotions began to wear off in a few hours.

When they did return, Ink would make a decision about what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess who wasn't being productive!

I made an announcement on my profile but I guess no one saw it so I'll say it here.

If you guys were able to give people dares, would you?

If so, those dares would be done in mini-chapters in between regular chapters.

Let me know if that's something you'd like in the comments!

Bye for now!