6.

/unedited + all criticism welcome 

These steps towards Finn were what I considered to be little steps towards heaven. Each step up the stairwell was a step closer to Finn and hearing his usual greeting, "Hello", and each day, each time, I heard his greeting, it was a step towards to having that small sense peace that I felt whenever I was with him. My time with him on these steps had been short, we'd talked, we'd laughed and we'd shared secrets and stories and little moments of our lives to each others that sometimes went unsaid to other people. It was sweet, Finn was sweet, and he'd came into my life just as quickly as he'd left it. As I walked those stairs up, reaching my level that I shared with Finn; I noticed that for the first time...Finn's usual spot was empty. No longer did I see the pajama clammed boy sitting on the steps, no longer did I see Finn with his usual, but different, bowl of cereal each morning and no longer did I get his usual greeting of; "Hello".

His name was Finn; Finberk Simmons- he had been the neighbor to my four siblings and I and each morning, each day, with him had been my little step towards heaven- each step on these stairs, on this stairwell, had been one step closer to finding that small sense of peace.

"Goodbye, Finn."

Little Steps To Heaven

started

21.4.2020

finished

21.4.2020