Chaper 3 This Place

Soon, weeks and months flew by. Flaky and Flippy/Fliqpy were growing closer and closer each day. They would start hugging and snuggling instead of just sitting and staring at each other. Last month they had to speak throw the phone because Flaky had to visit her family in France. It was the first Monday of April and the day Flaky was coming back. Flippy was so excited. It was painful for him to wait a whole week not seeing her adorable face. Flaky was also excited. She couldn't wait to see Flippy again. She also got him a present while she was in France. She ignored everyone and ran straight to his room. She practically broke down his door to see him.

"Flippy!" She screamed her lungs out.

"Flaky!" They started running towards each other. Flippy grabbed Flaky and picked her up. He snuggled his head into her neck. Flaky opened her eyes to see Flippy, but then she noticed that the walls in his room were all scratched up and torn. She looked at his face but he tighten grip so she wasn't able to see it.

"Flippy, why are your walls all scratched up?"

"I counted." His voice seemed to darken when hearing her question.

"What did you count?" He pulled away and stared into her eyes.

"I counted every minute you were gone, every single one." He didn't have his normal, sweet smile on, no, it was a twisted smile. It was full of possessiveness and fear. She was scared, so scared. Flippy never acted this way before. Was it Fliqpy trying to scare her? No, it couldn't have been Fliqpy. His eyes were normal and not the shining yellow color. She swallowed her fear so she wouldn't upset him.

"I got you a gift from France." She held up a green stuffed bear with little spots of red on it's stomach. She had asked her mother to make it for him. Of course, her mother teased her about it being a late Valentines gift for some boy she liked.

"It's so cute and the colors are absolutely perfect! Thank you, Flaky!" He started to spin her around his room. His strange smile faded and turned into his normal one. He finally stopped spinning and set her down. She handed him the bear and he immediately grabbed it and snuggled up to it.

"I'm glad you like it, Flippy. I'm sorry I had to leave for a week. My family was really worried about me and I was getting homesick so I decided to go visit them. I know it was sudden and-"

"Flaky, do you ever stop apologizing? You have nothing to say. If anyone should be apologizing to anyone it should be me to you. I destroyed my room and made myself look like a caged animal. It was highly unnecessary for me to do that and I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, I mean, here you're basically treated like a caged animal. I can't nag at you for acting like one."

"So, you understand how I feel about this place."

"I do and I can't blame you for acting this way." I stood on my toes and tried to pat his head but failed horribly. He saw what I was trying to do and bent down to my level so I could. I patted his head and then hugged him. He hugged back. He buried his face into her chest and tightened his grip. In her arms, he felt safe and free. He felt like he wasn't in this prison and that he was at his old house with his mother hugging him tightly. He remembered her crying and saying how happy she was to see him alive and how proud she was. His grip was getting tighter and tighter every minute.

"It's okay Flippy, you're safe now." Those words sounded just like his mother's.

"Please don't leave again. Please don't ever leave me again." His eyes were watery and he was starting to shake. He couldn't protect her back then and she vanished but now God gave him another chance. Another chance to protect the person he loves and cares for and this time he won't let her go.

"I won't. I'll make sure you're never alone." Her words brought him back. It was because of her that he could understand what it means to live and what it meant to be human. She was his little light that guided him this way and he wasn't ever going to let go of his little light.