9- Blue Hanfu

Hey guys, I know it's not time to post yet but there might be a once-in-a-decade storm hitting WA tomorrow :( So just in case I can't post tomorrow.. here you go! 🌸

Jing wakes up early that day. His backs hurts so he messages it gently. Fresh air enters the house as he opens the front door. Birds are chirping beautifully outside, the sound of the river is calming. He enjoys the morning breeze when-

"Um.." a feminine voice hums.

"You woke up already?"

"Yeah.." she doesn't know what to say.

"Let's get something to eat from the market?"

"Sure. I'll just change my clothes first."

The woman enters the room with her plain white robe, very ordinary clothes for Tu Gu Sect member.

The market is not far from the house, It is very lively with all sort of shops. This is the first time Tao Ru goes to the market in the morning, it surely has different atmosphere.

"Fish! Fish!"

"Try this sweet! Very delicious!"

"Sir, get some painting, let's take a look!"

Many shop owners are shouting their products loudly. Tao Ru is fascinated by the atmosphere her eyes glows slightly when she looks around, how come in her 20 years of age she never goes here.

"Tao Ru!" He calls her.

"Hm?"

"I have been calling you, where do you want to eat?"

"I'm okay with anything." Actually, she doesn't know what's available there.

"Okay then, do you mind having some noodle soup? This is my favorite kiosk, it has been operating since-"

Tao Ru doesn't pay attention I what Jing is saying, she is too busy starring at the lively people in the market.

"Two bowl of noodles please."

Tao Ru looks at the soup and it is dark brown, she is unsure of how will it taste.

"Don't judge others based on how it looks, it is very good." Jing says.

She finally tries it. Her eyebrows raised, this is delicious. The amount of flavor and spices in the soup is hard to describe. All her life in Tu Gu Sect she only eats plain tasteless food.

"Wow." She looks at the soup in disbelief.

"I told you so." He smiles at her proudly as he shoves a mouthful of noodle.

"I never tasted anything like this before." She genuinely praised the food.

"I know many delicious food stalls, I will take you to try them all." He says happily and slurps his last bits of noodle.

-
"Hey, let's get you some new clothes." Jing initiates.

"I don't need it, I can wear this."

"You will need more than one clothes, won't you?" And also because it's a Tu Gu Sect uniform, he thinks. She won't want to draw attention does she?

"Oh, okay." Tao Ru is so awkward, she doesn't know how to act in front of Jing.

"I have an old friend who makes good hanfu, don't worry." He then takes her to his tailor friend.

"Madam Fu!"

"My lord, what brings you here?" The old woman looks happy when she sees him coming.

"She needs something to wear." He points at Tao Ru.

"Oooou." The old lady examine her body and smiles sweetly.

"Here young miss." She leads Tao Ru to a private room.

"So, when are you going to get married?" The old lady giggles as she measure Tao Ru's waist.

"Hm?" She is kind of taken a back by the sudden question.

"Ei, don't be shy." The lady taps her shoulder playfully. "The master never bring any woman with him."

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course. He is all yours." Fu lady laughs at her innocence.

"It's not like that-"

"You are very lucky, you know? Many girls will fight to death to be Master Jing's soulmate." The lady take her last measurement and write it down with her brush.

"Is he really that valuable?"

"He's the best guy out there, young miss. He comes from a good and respectful family. He is the strongest guy in martial arts world. Most importantly he is kind and holds his morale."

Is Jing really that great?

"How do you know him, madam?" She finally asks something back.

"He saved our family. I won't be here today if it's not because of his kindness." The old lady smiles.

"Oh I see.."

"Young miss, if you walk around the capital city, many will recognize him. Not because he is wealthy and powerful, but because he probably did help them or their family in the past."

"That is.." As a member of Tu Gu Sect, she never being told to help the commoners, it's always to improve martial arts, so this is something new for her. A faint smile grows on her lips.

"What is your favorite color?" Fu lady is standing next to her highest quality fabrics, trying to choose the perfect one for Tao Ru.

"Um.. I don't know.. maybe white?"

The lady shakes her head. "How about pink? Or light blue?"

"Actually, I have never wear anything other than white and black." She says truthfully.

"Ai yaa.." the lady takes a deep breath, how come a young lady only ever wears two dead colors like that?

"Here, try this one." She hands her a bright pink hanfu.

"This is too much.." Tao Ru never sees herself in such color.

"Maybe the blue one?"

Tao Ru tries the blue hanfu and stare at herself in the mirror. The silk material hugs her body nicely, the stiches are neat and strong. It even has some flowers embroidery on the dress.

"This looks great, thank you Fu madam." She spins happily.

"Good then, let's try some more!"

_
They are finally done after getting for hanfus. Everything has a very pastely colors and tailored to fit Tao Ru's body perfectly.

Jing is still waiting outside while chatting with Lady Fu's husband.

"My lord, what do you think of this?"

The lady pulls Tao Ru out in her pastel blue hanfu.

Jing drops his cup of tea when he sees her. "Wow.." he whispers quietly.

"I told you he will like it!"

"T-thank you." Her face redden.

"Here, take your hanfus. I also give you a bonus, you will like it." The lady hands her the clothes. "Or should I say, HE will like it." She winks at confused Tao Ru.

"What do you mean, Lady Fu?"

"You will know when you see it." She is tight lipped.

"Thank you for your help, Madam Fu. See you!" Jing bows slightly as they leave the premises.

Thank you for reading! Also thank you for putting this story on your reading list ❤️ please vote and comment because it would help the growth of this story by a lot! Have a nice day ☀️

See you next week on Sunday! 🥰🙏🏻