12- Li Tao Ru Went Missing

"Tu Gu Sect's fighter of the century went missing."

"..."

Right at that moment Tao Ru walks into the room, immediately catching attention from Wei and Dudu.

Wei raised her eyebrows as he stare at her and then at Jing with a questioning look.

The woman wears flowy yellow hanfu with green belt. Her hair is tied into a loose bun. She looks like she just woke up.
_

Tao Ru is shocked when she sees the second master and Lady Wei sitting casually with Jing.

Her body pressure goes higher, and she is in fighting mode. She looks around for possible weapon and the fastest way out from the house. She quickly reaches for-

"Ooooooh~ So this is why you don't come home?" Wei gives her brother the side eye.

Tao Ru suddenly gets a sense on relief, turns out they don't have any bad intention. Maybe she needs to stop worrying too much. She exhale her breath and force a smile. She quickly put a spell on her face to blur her scar, this lady Wei surely knows that Li Tao Ru has a scar on her face.

"Big sister! My name is Wei, I am this brat's younger sister! Nice to meet you!" Wei shakes her hand and went in for a hug.

Tao Ru is confused as she is not used to skinship, even with other woman.

"Wei, you are making her uncomfortable." Jing's speaks up, he sees her face and he just knows that she is.

"How dare you hide her from us!" She hits him playfully, already dropping the 'important news' conversation.

"It's not like that." Jing just shakes his head seeing his sister's unreasonable behavior.

"Oh I know, you must not go home because want the privacy to have fun all day all night!" She gives him the look.

"Wei, don't be like that, look at his guilty face." Dudu tries to stop her, but still teasing Jing in process.

Meanwhile innocent Tao Ru who doesn't understand the conversation only sips her green tea slowly.

"Oh yeah jiejie* what is your name?" She shifts her attention back to Tao Ru.
*older sister

"My name is.. is.."

"Li Bai Fu." Jing replies.

"Li jiejie!" She smiles widely at her.

"Yes." Tao Ru gives Jing a thank you look.

"Oh, and this is Dudu."

"Hi, I'm Dudu."

"I'm Bai Fu." She smiles politely at him.

"So jiejie, when are you guys going to get married?"

"M-married?"

"Wei!" Jing knows how uncomfortable Tao Ru is, so he needs to make a stop.

"Sorry, I'm just very curious! I'm happy for you though."

"Thank you."

"But you really need to tell mother and get married soon. Since I don't support doing adultery before marriage."

"..."

"Wei, lets leave them alone, we are just disturbing their lovey dovey time." Dudu already stands up as he gets ready to pull Wei out of there. He really knows bro codes.

"Alright, alright. But Gege, you really need to tell mother soon, she is waiting for you in the manor."

"Okay.." he just shakes his head.

_

"Wei, why are you so interested in them getting married?" They walk side by side next to the river.

"I want my brother to be happy, also my mother."

"So are you interested in getting married?" Dudu just tries his luck.

"With you? No." She just says that simply.

"Hahaha! I was just kidding, why are you so serious?" His heart is broken but he forced a laugh.

"Do you see the blanket oh the long chair in my brother's house?"

"Huh? I didn't pay attention."

"Yeah, I saw it. You know, maybe I am a very conventional woman, but I don't agree with doing unholy deed before marriage. And by the looks for it, I think they are enjoying it way too much."

"Ooh."

"Yeah, they must be doing it all over the place, that's why the blanket is on the chair." She gives her observation details to Dudu.

"You know, I won't do things like that." He says that to tries to not be like the other guys.

"I didn't ask you."
_

"I'm sorry for what just happened." Jing and Tao Ru is having their breakfast on the table.

"There is nothing to be sorry for." She scoops the porridge and eat it deliciously.

"They are searching for you." As much as Jing want to hide it from her, he doesn't want to keep any secret between them.

Tao Ru stops eating, she takes a deep breath as she smiles. "I know they would." Her face is gloomy and tired.

"What should we do?" Jing tries to resolve the problem.

"Nobody ever seen my face. We are safe." She continues eating.

"Let's get married." Jing suggest an idea. If they get married, nobody will be able to question her, and she will be safe. Because Huang Ma Master's wife is greatly treasured, and nobody in martial arts world is allowed to question her as a sign of respect.

Tao Ru is conflicted. Deep down she wants him to take responsibility for what he did to her, but on the other hand, she can't get married.

"It's okay if you won't want to." He says quietly.

Even Tao Ru can hear his cracky disappointed voice. She pulls out her sword and place it on the table,

"I am from Tu Gu Sect, Huang Ma Jing. My life goal is to kill you. Look at my face. This, she points at her scarred face, is because of you. I live my life in disguise because of you! And that night next to the river, when I see your eyes glows blue, you have no idea how much I want to hurt you. I despise you will all my heart!" Her shaky voice and teary eyes talks louder than her words. But her words seems to be more for herself than to him. She is trying to remind herself, why should she hate him. Or at least reason again, because she finds now she have forgiven him.

Jing took a deep breath, he stands and walk closer to Tao Ru. He pulls her up so they can face each other. He reaches to her face and wipes her tears with his thumb. Hot tears keeps on pouring down, he can feel her rage inside.

He takes out his sword and place it on the table. Symbolizing that he won't put up a fight. He knows he deserves it. And he allows her to get a sense of relief, even just a little bit.

"Do it then, kill me."

Wooow what is happening~

Thank you for reading everyone. Please vote and comment if you want! Also follow me!

See you on Sunday! ☀️ and have a nice day 👍🏻