Code 002

Y/n's POV

I remember a girl. A girl that used to come play with me a lot. Of course it was through the glass since I wasn't allowed contact with anyone but the white coats. She came almost everyday with some toys and picture books.

I enjoyed her company. It was all I had.

She made the lab less scary. When she wasn't there, well that was a different story. I think the big white coat was her father. He'd catch her sitting with me sometimes. I doubt she was allowed to be there because he would yell at her whenever he caught us.

I often asked why she kept coming back to talk. She never answered me though, she would smile and change the subject. It confused me but I still enjoyed her company.

When the girl left, the white coats would come and take me to the blue room. The blue room was terrifying. The white coats would throw me into the chamber and leave me there for hours.

It was dark and lonely. I hated being alone.

The days blend together but one replays in my mind whenever I go in the chamber.

She was teaching me to read one of the books she brought. It would always be her reading them to me.

"A-nd he huffed and he p-puffed and blew the h-house down?" I looked towards her for confirmation. She smiled and said good job before turning the page.

"You're getting better. Faster even." She smiled again.

"P-promise not to l-leave. It's s-scary here a-alone. I don't like being a-alone." I looked at her again pleading.

"I promise." she smiled before picking the book back up and turning it towards me to continue.

The big white coat turned the corner and started yelling at her like always. It wasn't any different from the other times, at least I thought.

He looked at me with what I can now describe as hatred before snapping his fingers. More white coats filled my cell and started dragging me away. I was kicking and screaming for her but it was like she didn't hear me. Maybe she ignored me?

They dragged me all the way to the blue room. I was crying and kicking still. Suddenly a sharp pain caused me to stop. I looked and one of the white coats still had their hand raised.

I was thrown into the chamber and the door shut behind me.

Once they let me out I waited each day for the girl to return. She never did. I was counting the days.

I've waited ten years.

Ten years.

Present Day

"Code 002 testing complete"

The doors to the chamber flew open and I dropped to my knees. Looking through my blurred vision, I could see the Dr, he ushered me to stand. I obeyed and with my wobbly legs, I slowly stood up.

"Follow me." He turned and started walking out of the blue room. I followed a little behind knowing I was going back to my "room". Once we got close to the door he kept walking. Confused I continued to follow into what looked like his office.

"Sit." He walked towards a chair behind a giant desk. I sat.

"Today is your eighteenth birthday." He sighed.

"B-birthday?" I was confused.

"Yes the day you woke." He smiled slightly before reaching into his desk.

"This is for you." He handed me a book before leaving the room.

I looked down at the book before growing angry. I wasn't a very good reader but I instantly recognized the book.

The Three Little Pigs

I shook my head to keep from crying before I held the book to my chest. I was angry, angry at myself. I always wondered why the girl never returned. Maybe It was my fault she never came back. I doubt she wanted a lab rat friend.

Still clutching the book, I walked back to my room. One of the scientists was waiting to let me in. Not looking at them I walked with my head down to my mattress on the floor.

Over the years I learned that I had to earn certain things in my room. First it was the bed, then my desk, and lastly my bookshelf. I didn't have a lot of books because I had to earn those too. I put the new book on the top of the shelf before going back to bed.

The chamber always drained my energy and made me feel sick. As I got older, my visits to the blue decreased but were still more than I would like.

The thought of the book made me feel even worse. All I thought about for ten years were her blue eyes. In the chamber, her eyes were what I saw most of the time. I could also hear the way she laughed.

"Oh come on, I'm eighteen now. I should be allowed in the lab." I heard a voice come from around the corner.

"Billie, I can't let you have free rein of my work space all the time. Now I told you when Finneas was down here you could come along so go bother him. And stay away from hall C." The voice got quieter before it was gone.

Billie. I've heard that name before but it was only brief.

I thought the people left so I turned around to face the wall, trying to go to sleep.

"What the fuck?" It was a whisper from someone on the other side of the glass. I slowly turned back over to see a girl with green and black hair. Curious I got up from the mattress and went to the glass. We stared at each other for a while before she turned and left the room. I walked back and sat on the mattress

Strange.

Part 2? This was also heavily influenced by Darling in the Franxx cause I was thinking about it. If you have any other anime you would recommend, comment cause I'm tryna get into it.

-Andrew