Chapter 1: Jade Mountain Academy

"But why do I have to go? I would much rather stay here, and what about how I look? I can't exactly hide my talons and EVERYONE hates hybrids," I said. Oh! You might be wondering who I am, the names Shadowseeker. I am a hybrid between a Nightwing and Sandwing, my parents are Moonwatcher and Quilbi. They want me to go to Jade Mountain Academy, but I am just to nervous to go. I mean, surly people will hate me. "It will be alright, you just have to be careful who you talk to" Mother replied, "At least you don't have to deal with a evil dragon" Father added jokingly. "Now let's go to orientation before it gets to late." We flew over to the mountain from our little cabin in the forest. "What about Nova? Will she be ok?" I said, looking for a way out of this. Nova is a Skywing that Mother and Father found and adopted, becoming my little sister. She was hard to talk to, probably because of her being worried about getting rejected by us. "She'll be fine, we'll keep an eye on her for you." Mother added reassuringly. After a bit of flying in silence, father called out, "Here it is! Jade mountain Academy." Well, it was to late to get out of this now, might as well deal with it. "Goodbye sweetheart, we will miss you." Mother said. If I could, I would have read her mind to see if she was thinking about not letting me go but I couldn't for two reasons, one she would be able to tell, and two we both have a Skyfire preventing us from doing so. "We have to go now, make sure you pay attention, or else Principal Tsunami will get mad at you." The school is run by the Dragonets of Destiny, Tsunami, Clay, Sunny, and Starflight. There is also Fatespeaker and Webs. "Well, I guess I'll try. But if it is to much, I'm leaving and going directly back home." I say seriously as they turn to fly. "Ok, but give it a few days, bye!" They say and fly off.