five

~ death in the family, but i'm still living the best life i can try and have.

annalise's pov

i yawned as i woke up from jj's embrace. i walked to the bathroom, and changed into a purple two piece with shorts and sandals.

"jj, wake up," i said. jj groaned, and opened his eyes, smiling up at me tiredly.

"hey bubba," said jj in a husk voice. i smiled.

"hi jay. wake your ass up, now. i'm going over to kiara's. meet with jb later," i said. jj yawned and nodded. "have fun."

"i will," said jj. i smiled and kissed his forehead. i walked out of the house, and saw a dirtbike.

"what the actual fuck, dad?" i mumbled. i went on it anyways, and headed to kiara's place. holy hell, her place wad huge. it was kook central, and i hated kooks except for kiara. she's the only kook i like. maybe sarah, but we barely talk. "kie!" i shouted, parking the bike. i walked into her house to see her walking down her stairs. i looked around her house. "i keep forgetting you're like a kook," i said. kiara laughed.

"i'd rather be called a pogue, thank you very much," said kiara. i smiled, and hugged her. "you feel any better?" i shrugged.

"still stings, but i manage. besides, i know she's always there," i said. kiara smiled, and threw an arm around me as we walked to her backyard. "how do you hang out with us when you have this?" i spun around her backyard, making her laugh.

"you guys are just more chill than kooks. way better, too," said kiara.

"that's a full on fact, there," i said.

"i see you've gotten a new ride," said kiara. i sighed.

"my dad left it. i'm only using it so it doesn't go to waste," i said.

"it kinda looks like he still cares for you. it's like he wants to hate you, but he knows he could never," said kiara.

"who cares? he's never been there for me ever, so why even bother now?" i said, walking down her dock.

"because he wants to rekindle all the time he lost with you. look, anne, you just lost your mom. maybe it's best if you make things good with your dad," said kiara.

"no, kie. i don't care how nice he is to me. i don't want him in my life when i'm practically having the best summer. yeah, my mom died, and i'll never heal from that, but you guys are here with me. to help me through any pain i'm going through. that's all that really matters," i said. kiara nodded.

"alright. fine, i get it. look, you want a beer?" asked kiara.

"you know the answer to that," i said. kiara laughed softly, and walked back inside as i dangled my feet off the dock. kiara came back with two beer cans, and handed me a can. "thank you, ma'am." we opened it and cheered before drinking it.

"so how's your little crush on jj?" asked kiara, sitting next to mr. i rolled my eyes.

"there's no 'crush' involved, kie. we're just friends," i said, drinking.