Uspet!Rhys × Comforting!Reader

Shoutout to @wassuppups for this idea!

Rhys's POV:

"I'm so excited for our date!" I cheered happily.
(Y/n) was taking me to a new ice cream shop that just opened!
"Calm down, sunshine, we're almost there." She nicknamed me sunshine after learned the meaning of my name, saying it was a fit name for an enthusiast.
I beamed, and she giggled.
"And...Here!"
I gazed at the ice cream shop in absolute awe. It was humongous and looked amazing.
"(Y/n)..." I said, at a loss for words.
"Come on! Let's go order!" She said esaticly.

Your POV
I'm so happy Rhys likes this suprise. I was doubtful he would, but now I see this might be his favorite date yet.
"So what do you wa-.......Oh My Irene." The line was HUGE! I could barely see the front of it! Rhys suddenly looked very nervous.
"(Y/n), this is a lot of people..."
I turned, sadness in my eyes. Rhys was always a huge introvert, one of the many reasons I find him adorable.
"Im sorry Rhys, do you wanna come back another day? I'm sorry, I didn't really think about it, the grand opening of a place is always a busy day.."
"No, (Y/n), its fine. We can just wait and order and go."
"Are you sure?"
"Of course." He smiled reassuringly at me, although he might've been trying to reassure himself.
"Alright.."

* T i m e s k i p *

Finally, we were at the front of the line!
"Ok Rhys, what do yo-" I was cut off by the speakers that were playing pop music stopped to say:
"SORRY TO ALL CUSTOMERS, BUT WE ARE OUT OF ICE CREAM AND ARE NOW CLOSING FOR THE DAY. THANK YOU, COME AGAIN."
A loud, collective groan was heard from everyone, including me.
"Ugh! We spent hours here and now we're finally ready and they CLOSE! I can't beli-" Rhys's sniffles cut me off.
I look over at him, my eyes filling with concern.
"Hey...its ok. We can get ice cream somewhere else. I'm sorry I made you sit in here when I knew you hated it for nothing. Come on, let's go." Rhys sniffed again and took my arm as I guided him through the crowd like a child. I smiled softly at him.
"Hey, look at me."
He looked up, and I almost cried too. His lip was quivering and he looked back down. I knew he hated talking and being near a lot of people but he's never been this upset!
"Sunshine, look at me." He glanced back up. "Its ok. I'm here for you. Come on, let's go home, I'll drop you off and go pick up some ice cream from the store. Then we can stay at home and cuddle and watch movies or whatever you want."
"Really?" He asked hopefully.
"Really."
He grinned, and suddenly he got a lot brighter.
"Thank you, (Y/n)! Your the best girlfriend I could ever have."
I smiled.
"Thank you. Now let's go get some ice cream!!"
The end

Ok guys what the hell why does this have hundreds of reads thank you so much!! I seriously can't express how happy I am one of my books actually has people looking at it!!😭 Thank you so so much, you guys are awesome!