seventeen

꧁ঔৣ☬✞𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐄𝐔𝐑 ✞☬ঔৣ꧂

{Dragonseed's}

Laenys had been showed back to her old chambers, which remained still partially decorated from her brief stay in the castle. the maids set up the old cots from her little brothers in her chambers as well for Maelor and Jaehaera was to sleep in her abnormally large bed alongside her.

for now, the children were with the midwives, settling in and getting bathed after their long and tiresome journey. Laenys wandered the halls of the castle with Jacaerys by her side. the brunet boy hadn't left her alone since they came back together again, but she didn't mind his slightly childish and clingy behaviour.

it was just like they were when they were kids, and that's exactly what she needed in that very moment. his hand clung to the edge of her sleeve as she linked their arms together, pulling him closer like a child as they wandered the dark halls.

"why so dark and gloomy Jace?" Laenys questioned, noticing the pouty look on his face. "are you not happy i'm home?"

"no, i am." Jace grumbled, "i just-" he was cut off by a loud clatter and a jarring, thickly accented voice speaking loudly from the council room.

"this is more like it don't you think Hugh?" the voice caused both siblings to glower, a twin flame of anger swelling in both their chests as they stopped outside the door. the man who spoke was obviously speaking with his mouth full, a carelessness lingering within his tone.

"we're meant to be at the training yards, learning commands." another, slightly less jarring voice replied. Laenys guessed that was Hugh.

"yeah and i will go." the man said back pointedly, "but surely they wouldn't deny me my pleasure after so long. i may never eat fish again."

she tugged Jace's arm and brought him alongside her into the council room, her heels clacking with a sense of authority as the air immediately shifted. one of the men flinched slightly at the glooming, overpowering sight of neatly braided shining silver hair entering the hall. clad in an extravagant red and black dress with the white and golden detailing of a dragon, heels clicking against the floor in beat to the pace of their hearts.

the beautiful young woman looked like a dragon, the way she walked, held herself so poised and perfect in comparison to what they were used to. tall and slim, with supple skin and violet, dragon-esque eyes which glared them up and down. above them, mounted perfect dark and thin arched eyebrows, etching a glowering frown on her gorgeous face.

the only Targaryen to have two rights of passage to the Iron Throne. Rhaenyra Targaryen's heir.

"remove your feet from the table." even her voice held power over them, so strong in comparison to her mother who was gentle yet authoritative. perfectly enunciated words written in golden inc, etching into the air around them. god, even her voice was as smooth as honey yet as sharp as a dagger.

if they hadn't already met Rhaenyra, they would have thought this was her.

"i'd rather not." Ulf replied, still playing with the food on his plate, having failed to look up upon their entrance. he had no clue she was there.

"Ulf." Hugh said sharply, his dark blue eyes glancing worriedly to the royal siblings who had made it very known through only two interactions that they were not welcomed and barely appreciated by their family.

"it's not up to you," Jace spoke, slipping his arm from his sisters to walk forwards. "Ulf."

"who's it up to then....boy?" Ulf looked up from his plate, staring mockingly at the prince who he had no idea of. thanks to his dark hair and mud coloured eyes. although, his clothing should have been a giveaway.