Chapter 4: Everything's (Not) Fine

"That is just so cute!" summer says as she pulls out her phone. "Defs gonna tweet about this" She then gets up and walks over to the next room.

"W-Wait we never finished the story! What happens to the band? D-Did you defeat the soldiers?" Morty asks getting up.

"Of course we did M-Morty. We did all of that. How do you think we're here dah doi?!" Rick says hitting his head in a sarcastic tone before putting his arm around Cassidy slightly pulling her in. Cassidy enjoyed this and smiled slightly looking down before losing her focus.

"Well, now that we know how you met and such what made you guys fall apart?" Jerry asks before getting a smack on the side from Beth. Cassidy then stands up having Rick cock an eyebrow looking at her while everyone in the room looks at her concernedly.

"I.. uh... I'm gonna turn in. Haven't been getting the best sleep" Cassidy laughs awkwardly trying to avoid the question, then speed walking up the stairs to the shared room of her and Rick. She then closes the door leaving the light off and lays on the bed slightly breathing heavily. She was in great shape for an older woman but the anxiety of the situation got to her to stress and slightly hyperventilate. She sits up and goes to her lab coat pocket to retrieve the medication prescription bottle. She opens the bottle and begins to pop one in her mouth while reaching for her flask. The door swings open, revealing a familiar shadow. The light switch turns on showing Rick leaning on the door frame crossing his arms.

"So you do pills again?" Rick says with a cocked eyebrow. She continues to drink from the flask and cleans her mouth from the saliva.

"Not like before, asshole. They're my pills for my episodes."She says before taking her lab coat off and placing it on top of the chair before getting up. She then goes through Ricks drawers in search of some type of comfortable sleepwear before speaking.

"It's for my agoraphobia, PTSD, and depression" She then takes out a white t-shirt and a pair of Ricks boxers before walking over to the door past him to the bathroom.

"So you take pills? God, I really fu-*burp*-ucked you up h-huh?" Ricks says following her to the bathroom. She rolls her eyes before handing him the clothes then closes the door to use the bathroom and brush her teeth.

"I designed those pills to take the emotion from the brain out for a temporary amount of time so that when it fades the brain had already healed itself-" She says while using the toilet before flushing.

"T-That is until the next episode occurs." Rick buts in. She could hear his smirk through his comment that made her pissed off as she washes her hands.

"IF the next episode occurs. I'm doing better Rick. Unlike you, I try to better myself instead of drinking my issues away." She states as she starts to brush her teeth.

"Well, how's that going for you? Once we got a divorce I assume you sought counseling because of state ruling, due to us losing custody of Beth only having visitation right to me and having Diane take full custody of her. So you search the help of a quote on quote 'trained professional' to help you try to figure out what went wrong with our marriage and what went wrong with you. Which caused you to be diagnosed with agoraphobic tendencies, PTSD, depression, and slight sociopathic disorder. So you vanish off into the universe trying to have your mid-life crisis or whatever which leads to you getting into trouble with the galactic feds once again and to come full circle back to the person who caused these 'issues' for you in the first place." He pauses to take a sip from his flask which causes him to burp. "Talk about cathartic, huh?" He chuckles.

Cassidy finishes brushing her teeth, cleans her face to open the door, and comes out face to face with a shit-eating grinning Rick. He had everything spot on, unfortunately. But it's not like she didn't expect him to not have it spot on. He was her better half. Smartest two people on the earth. Her IQ was only slightly higher than his by three but the two we're indeed the smartest men and women. Combined, the two we're undefeated. But unfortunately, with being geniuses she couldn't ever figure out the one thing any normal couple can figure out which was happiness. That's what probably attracted them, the fact that they could be miserable messes together seemed enticing enough. They could be each other's happiness, but they were a failed experiment.