Chapter four.

I shoot the walker infront of me, bolting to the right with promise trailing behind me. "Here!" I yell, racing left down a rocky pathway.
"Joey I think that there's a mini mall a few blocks away. Let's try to go there!" Promise yells, the two of us running as fast as we can.
We bolt down the next path, not even caring if there's walkers behind us or not.
"We're almost there!" Promise yells, and we round the corner till we see a large white building.
"Here." Promise replies.
We stand hunched over, wheezing in and out, obviously out of breath.
"alright. Let's find an entrance." I pipe in. Promise nods.
We circle the area, looking for the best possible door.
"There." Promise says, pointing above us, towards the window.
"Alright. Give me a boost." I say, promise standing against the wall, her hands cupped together right above her knees. I nod, running toward. I step into her hand, and she pushes me up quickly as I grab the windowsill, pulling myself inside.
"Okay. Your turn." I say, leaning out the window. Promise backs up, getting a running start. She grabs my hand, and I pull her up as her feet walk along the wall. I drag her inside, me getting knocked over and promise basically falling on top of me. We both stand up, wiping the dust off of ourselves as we laugh quietly.
We load our guns, pointing them ahead of us as we round the corner, walking down the stairs.
"Jo, did you hear that?" Promise says, looking behind her.
"No, what was it." I ask, giving her a weird look.
I quickly hold up my gun as I see two figures move in the distance.
--
--
Authors note: HMM, what could it be? ;) I promise (heh heh) I'll update soon:)