Max

Jen's POV:
I skipped up the long flights of stairs in my house that led me to my room. I threw open the double doors and plopped face first into a beanbag. I had been smiling for so long that my jaws hurt. I think I even was smiling  in my sleep. Having Jeff was like......Having a million little baby kittens attack you with their cuteness. It was an indescribable feeling. I just felt fluffy. I needed to finish my homework for the end of the week.  I started  on math. Being me, I floated off on a daydream. I looked back down at the question. If a half of a chicken lays a half of an egg every day and a half, how long does it take for a monkey with a wooden leg to scrape all the seeds out of a dill pickle.  I put down my pencil, refusing to work when my brain was refusing to function. I decided to force one of my best friends to come to my house and entertain me.
" Linda?" I said when she picked up.
"Yeah...."she said, obviously weary from homework too.
"Come over and talk to me," I wined.
"Homework?" she questioned.
"Yup," I said. She hung up. Sometimes she forgot you couldn't hear a nod over the phone. I sighed, looking around my room, thinking I should probably clean my room before a guest came over. Just after I had finished cleaning every little corner of my room, Linda knocked on the glass door that led out to my balcony. There were stairs leading up to the balcony and I gave my friends the key to that glass door. Of course they always knocked anyway.
"You don't have to knock," I said upon opening the door. Linda rolled her eyes and walked into the section of my room that I considered my bedroom. She plopped a big tote bag down. It rattled and spilled everywhere.
"Linddddaaaaaaa," I protested.
"Jen," she whined mocking me. I glared pretending to be mad. She glared back. Then we burst out laughing and fell on top of each other. After that situation was sorted out and the bag of stuff cleared up, we went into my living room section with beads for making jewelry. We put on a movie Linda wasn't allowed to watch "The Puzzle Runner"  and sprawled our our jewelry supplies. 

About halfway into the movie, we had made about two earrings. We tended to do this when making jewelry. At the end of the movie, we had made zero progress from the middle of the movie.
" Aw, to hell with it," Linda shrugged, tossing a pair of pliers to the floor.
"I'm hungry, lets find something to eat," I agreed. We entered the mini kitchen in my room, which was just a mini fridge and freezer with a coffee table and three beanbags around it. Linde a got an Izze and a bag of gold fish and I got an Ice and tortilla chips and salsa. We sat down at the table. We shared the snacks between us. As we tended to do when bored, we talked. And as we tended to do when we talked, we talked about boys.
"Sooo...do you have any crushes,Linda?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.
"Well, there is this one guy..." she said, already regretting her decision to tell me.
"Yes?" I said, extremely interested,
"Well, my mom's friend has these two sons, one of them is seven-," she said.
I cut her off," you have a crush on a seven year old? Nice, Linda, real nice."
She glared. " You know I'm kidding," I said," go on."
"No more interrupting," she scolded," anyway as I was saying, one is seven and one is twelve. So they came over to our house for Thanksgiving. Since there are no other kids my age in our family,, I hung out with him. We would be perfect together! He is obsessed with soccer and I am too! We were talking about what books we like most and we both said Percy Jackson! The only downside is that he's texting this girl named Ellie and his little brother calls her his girlfriend even though he denies it. After Thanksgiving, I was texting someone back on my mom's phone and "accidentally" looked through some conversations between my mom and  her friend and they were talking about how cute we would be together, which is kinda disturbing but mostly funny. Also. I looked him up online, as the stalker I am. His name is Max White and when I looked him up, it came up with tons of tubes of toothpaste. It was hilarious!" Linda gushed. I just smiled. "What?" she asked mock-offended.
"I just hope you can have with Max what I have with Jeff," I said, simply.
"Me too," she sighed. Her phone buzzed in her back pocket. She grabbed it and looked at the text she recieved.
"Looks like it's time for me to go," said Linda, stretching.
"Alright, thanks for coming by and curing my boredom, " I said.
"Anytime, Jen,  anytime. Just not tommorow," we giggled and packed up the rest of her stuff. She left out the balcony door. I re-entered my room and cleaned uo the remnants from our snacks. I then got out the vacuum and tidied uo where we "made jewelry". I then entered my bedroom and kneeled so I could grab a box under my bed. I opened the box.  A few papers fluttered out. I caught them and put them back in their place. On the inside if the lid if the box was a picture of me and all my friends on the field at school. Inside the box itself, each labled with one of my friends names, were mini folders. Everytime something significant happened with any of them, I would write a small paragraph on whay had happened. I also had little pictures in various folders. I had two of these boxes. One for my elementary school and one for present day middle school. None of my friends knew about these boxes and I had no intention of telling them. I grabbed a slip of paper and a pen out if the drawer in my nightstand and began to wright. "Today, Lola's crush Carter enrolled in our school. They have lockers next to each other and sit next to each other in LA. Hopefully, something will hapoen between them." I slipoed the entry into Lola's folder and grabbed another. "After school, Linda came ove. We made some jewelry and watch a movie.  Afterwards we ate a snack. She told me about her crush, a boy named Max and how they're perfect for each other and how she stalks him on the internet :D." I smiled and slipped that into Linda's folder. I loved this box. It helped me keep all my memories of friends, good or bad, organized. I out the lid back on the box and slid it under my bed.

I gazed around my room, my eyes finally landing on my forgotten homework.  I shook my head and grabbed my phone instead. I went onto Instagram. I saw I had a new dm. It wasn't from anybody I knew. I tapped on it anyway. Curiosity kills the cat.