CHAPTER 5

El waited for Laura at the rooftop. She had texted El that she'll meet her there to talk about the potential housemate for El. Just as they were getting into the conversation, El was cut off by a phone call from her boss that is to ask her to come to his office immediately.

"Sorry Laura, Mr. Murphy wants me in his office now, you can just text me up okay?" El left hurriedly.

Leaving Laura confused, "O-okay."

= = = =

'He'll come on the 25th to look around'

Laura texted her that night after work.

Laura knew that El will work overtime that day since she hardly sees El in her cubicle.

'Okay but I have to go out station on that day. There's a new project coming up.' El replied.

'But that's the only time he got too, should I ask him to go on another time?'

'No! That's fine! I'll ask my friend to come over. Thanks Laura!' El don't think that to delay is a good idea.

= = = =

'Sure! I'll bring the moms is that okay?' Angie replied to El's text fast.

'That would be lovely! Thanks a lot Ange!!'

25th was only a week away after El's discussion with Laura. Now as the day is approaching El is busier than ever, assisting Mr. Murphy for the upcoming project.

Speaking of which, it is also almost a week since she last spoke to Laura. They became closer now. They can only managed to greet each other when they came to work and when Laura's getting off work while she had to work extra hours.

= = = =

Days passed by, El is now with Mr. Murphy attending a meeting. She actually received a text from Laura last night, but she forgot about it and didn't reply back.

"Hello Ange what's up?" El answered Angie's call.

"Hey! Where were you? I've texted you million times!" Angie exaggerates.

"Sorry, I was very busy. So how was it?"

"Well, how dare you didn't warn me that your housemate is going to be super hot!!" Angie fake purring or was it growling?

"Anyway, our mothers approved it." Angie chuckled.

El, on the other hand still cannot process what Angie is talking about.

"Well lady, you'll know it once you get back. Now have your rest. Your mom had restocked your groceries. She's really excited, it looks like she will be getting a new son in law soon. Alright, you can thank me later! Goodnight!" And Angie hung up before El get to speak.

"Good Night Ange" she said under her breath and put her phone back on the side table.

Another hectic day had passed by. It felt even more exhausting when Mr. Murphy insisted on catching the midnight flight back. Thank goodness El doesn't pack many clothes she can easily packed everything in her bag pack and flew back home that very night.

Mr. Murphy was nice enough to give her a ride back home once they landed. She eventually reached her home at 2 in the morning. Angie said her housemate will move in the next day after the 25th which is today.

'He's probably asleep already,' El thought.

She planned to just greet him in the morning because her top priority is sleeping.

"So, good morning"