2

Katie's POV

I get out the shower and see Ollie on his bed talking to his friends on zoom. I go to find Kayla. Maybe she wanted to watch a movie together or something. After searching the whole house for her, I go back to Ollie's room. 

Knock knock

Oliver looks up and sees me in the doorway. "Yeah mom?"

"Have you seen your sister?" I ask. When he shakes his head, I go back downstairs and search again. After checking the entire house over three times, I decided to give Josh a call.

He picks up on the third ring.

J- Hey babe what's up?"

K- Is Kayla with you?"

J- No, why?"

K- I can't find her anywhere." I'm starting to get worried.

J- She's not in the house?"

K- No."

J- Or outside?"

K- No!"

J- Babe if this is a prank this isn't funny."

K- I wouldn't joke like this!" I start crying.

J- Let me talk to Oliver."

I take the phone and go to Oliver's room. Ollie's laughing about something, but he stops as soon as he sees me. "Mom is something wrong?" He asks.

Instead of answering, I just hand him the phone. Looking kind of nervous, he takes it. "Hello?" I can hear a muffled voice on the other side, but I can't make out the words. His face goes white. "No dad I promise! This isn't a joke." He listens for a second and looks at me. "Mom, dad said to go check the security cameras downstairs. He's leaving the store to go look for her."

I go. By this time, it was almost eleven-thirty.

As I am looking at the footage, I see Kayla walking out the door with a water bottle and tennis shoes. She might have just been going on a walk. I tell myself. But then I see the time. That was 9:12. Two hours ago.

Kayla's POV 

After walking for what felt like hours, I went back through the woods and ended back up in the city. There, I breathed a sigh of relief. I could get someone to call my parents. I cross th street to the gym my parents use, but no one is there. 

I start to get worried again. It's quarantine. Where am I going to find someone to call my mom or dad?

I sit down on the sidewalk and cry. After about a half hour, a white Jeep pulls up into the parking lot. My dad jumps out of the drivers seat. Tears streaming down my face, I run up and hug him.

He sighs with relief as he hugs me back. He picks me up and puts me in the passenger seat and we drive home. On the way, I told him what happened.

"Your mother is worried sick about you. When we get home, I want you to go up to your room and sit on your bed and wait for me to come up."

I nodded and looked down..I was probably in a lot of trouble.

As soon as we got home I ran up to my room and sat on my bed. I could hear my mom crying her eyes out downstairs. After a few minutes, my dad comes upstairs. When he comes in the room, he shuts the door and gives me a hug.

Then he sits by me on the bed and starts talking. "Kayla, I know you've been through a lot these past two hours, but I want you to understand what you did wrong. First you didn't tell anyone where you were going, or what you were doing. You could of told Ollie or left a note for us."