Chapter 1

Before papa died, He told me to be happy. He told me to settle for a guy who is a prince charming material and to love someone how he loved my mama.
For a while, I've been doing what he said but as I grew older I realized that he was just putting lies in my mind.
If he loved my mama unconditionally Then why would he get remarried? Bakit niya pinakasalan si Liezel?

My mama died when I was 8 years old. It was sunday and kumpleto kami sa bahay. Papa was playing with me habang si Mama naman ay nagluluto ng favorite food ko na Chicken Pastel sa kusina.

"Hold tight anak, baka mahulog ka." He ran so fast my laughter wouldn't stop.

"Run faster Papa!" I couldn't catch my breath for too much laughing. He was carrying me at his back and we're both acting like he's my ride.

"Hon, Baka pawisan si Avi niyan!" Mama shouted from the kitchen to warn my father.

Papa put me down and fixed my hair, "Sorry hon! Punasan ko nalang likod niya" He replied then whispered to me "I'm sorry princess. Tama na pagod na si Papa, Basahan nalang kita nito." I giggled when he showed me my favorite book containing fairytale stories.

We sat on the couch, he made me sit on his lap then he began reading me the story.

"Is prince charming real?" I asked innocently.

"Someday Avi, Someday makikita mo yung prince charming mo" he tapped my nose while giving me a sincere smile. he was so sure about it and I believed him.

"Talaga papa?" I beamed. I was so clueless of what real life is. I was young and hopeless.

"Of course! Who wouldn't want my prin—-" He stopped when we heard mama's loud scream from the kitchen.

Her scream was morbid that I froze in instant while Papa ran so fast towards the kitchen.

Few minutes later, I decided to drag my feet to go after him.

There I saw my Him holding my mama's unconcious body. She slipped and hit her head on the floor.

"Hon!" He's still trying to wake my mama up.

I couldn't move. I began crying. I call it two minutes of agonizing torture. We didn't know what to do until mama opened her eyes and smiled at us as if she didn't look lifeless before.

What just happened??

"Gotcha!" She smiled weakly but tried to hype her voice up. She looks disorganized while touching her head.

"Hon? Are you okay?" Papa worriedly asked while cheking for signs of injury. He sighed in relief when he didn't see blood on my mom's head.

"Okay lang ako honStop worrying! Natatakot na si Avi." She began to sit then motioned me to come closer. I diligently went to her and gave her a tight hug.

"Don't worry mama. Hug po kita ng mahigpit para hindi na masakit." I proudly said while Papa gave her a glass of water.

She drank her water and stood up to finish cooking.

We all thought that everything's going back to normal.

On that afternoon, We thanked the Lord for the blessings and ate happily. Ang hindi namin alam ay pahapyaw lang pala yun ng trahedya na mangyayari sa pamilya namin dahil noong natulog si mama sa gabing iyon, hindi na siya nagising. The doctor said it was head trauma. I thought he was just joking because my Mother even kissed me  goodnight before she went to bed! Paanong wala na siya???

I was young but I knew right from that moment that nothing's going to be the same anymore.

"Avi, nakikinig kaba?" Liezel snapped her fingers in front of me. It made me stop reminiscing.